Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Chinese: Chop Suey

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Zimara, 24 January 2010 Social URL.

1. Zimara

Zimara Yummy mummy to be!

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.36%)
    Diet:
    Atkins - ANA
    It says in the book that a chicken chop suey (with noodles) is 9 syns on a red day & 5.5 syns on a green day.
    Why have they included noodles in a chop suey, wouldn't it them become a chow mein?! Anyway; does anyone know what a normal chop suey would be? All the ingreedients (bean sprout, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, carrot, chicken) except oil and sauce would be free on a red day.

I love chinese and i'm trying to figure out a menu that won't break the Syn bank! I figure some sauce free (my local does some in a chili and garlic dressing) ribs would go down nicely too! Not forgetting to count Syn in the dressing:p

PS i don't intend eating chinese on a regular basis!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Zimara

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.36%)
    Diet:
    Atkins - ANA
    Anyone??

4. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I suppose it would but can't offer any advice I'm afraid. Why not phone up the syn helpline and see what they say?

5. Vixxster

Vixxster Nojo on the YoYo

Start Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have beef mushrooms and white rice. Beef mushrooms has your 1/3 superfree (mushrooms and most places put onions and thinly sliced carrot in it)

i think it's something like 4.5 syns per 350g of meal and your white boiled rice is free. I ask the chef to cook it without oil and they will happily do that for you. I still count the syns as 4.5 per 350g. The meal I get is normally around the 500g mark.

I have also been known to get chicken foo yung and ask for a very small amount of oil to be used, not have any syns at all that day and still have a loss.

Hope this helps with your Chinese dilemma.

6. Zimara

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.36%)
    Diet:
    Atkins - ANA
    thanks very much for the replies! It's nice to know we can still have chinese w/o breaking the Syn bank!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.