Chinese take away

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by scobyboo, 5 February 2014.

1. scobyboo

scobyboo Well-Known Member

I'm a veggie. Could someone please advise me which Chinese food would be best for me, and what the syns will be?
  2. Fitzylou

Fitzylou Well-Known Member

I've just had a look and this is a tough one! Boiled noodles and rice are free as your a veggie I'm guessing you don't eat prawns? On EE ginger and garlic prawns with noodles is 5 syns. Xxx
  3. scobyboo

Thanks Fitzylou. I don't eat fish. Maybe I need to give it a miss and try make my own
  4. Fitzylou

Fitzylou Well-Known Member

Everything I found had meat or fish in it :( xxx
  5. Beautyxx

Beautyxx Well-Known Member

What about a vegetable stir fry - our chinese does them and they are low syn usually, and you can often find in the side dishes mushrooms which is usually mushrooms and onions in gravy - with boiled rice and maybe some noodles would make a lovely meal
  6. scobyboo

Thanks Beauty. Sounds good to me. I may go for that
  7. vegetable chow mein is lovely :)
  8. scobyboo

How many syns will that be Charlie?
  9. Beautyxx

Beautyxx Well-Known Member

Be careful on the Chow mien they have been coming in really low syns - i think it was 6.5 for the chicken - so veg would be similar, but slimming world are reviewing syns in take away and the chicken chow mien has gone upto a whopping 16.5 i believe, so the other chow miens are likely to do the same, i think there is a separate discussion on here about this topic.

Of course with take away its only ever a guide and each place will have their own recipe for the dish
  10. kellykelly

kellykelly Well-Known Member

Mixed vegetable chop suey with boiled rice thats what i always have
  11. stburgan

stburgan Well-Known Member

Hi my Chinese has a veggy version of everything it does a meat version of so depending where u go shud have a big choice
  12. rm247

rm247 Well-Known Member

A lot of Chinese take-aways do "mock chicken" & "mock duck" dishes, basically the same dishes as on the normal menu but Quorn versions. See if you have a take-away near you that do this, if so you end up with a lot more choice.