chips a no no

daisy53

Hi
I am new to this so I have not got an avatar or anything else yet
started on Xenical monday.All going ok until last night.Went out for a pub meal and had a steak (good choice I think)with chips ( not a good idea)
luckily they stayed there till I got home
lesson learned
lol

hiya hunny!

both things scream out at me im afraid! i am yet to find any red meat thats in the rules! fingers crossed you didnt suffer tooo badly!

love katie

ps your only able to have an avatar after 50 posts! so post away hun!! it will be good to hear from you!!!

xxx

oooh only an hour hehehe i spent several days wanting to launch the laptop tryin to de select the icon hahaha

xxx

awww at least it waited til you got home though! lol ;) welcome! xx

Its 20 posts for a avatar :p Welcome to the forums x

Hi Daisy and welcome to Minimins and to the Xenical forum. I agree with Katie, in that beef steak is not 5%, and also you have to think about how they cooked it. Flame grilled? Could possibly have been brushed with oil or even melted butter.
While on Xenical its really recommended that you stick to a diet that is 5% fat ( that is 5g of TOTAL fat per 100g of food product), and that you have no more than 15g fat per meal. I really recommend keeping a food diary, either a notebook that you keep with you and fill in as you prepare your meals, or somewhere online ( i think some of the peeps here use myfitnesspal.com)
Good luck on your weight loss journey
xx

Oh and meant to say...if you're really craving chips, McCains Rustic oven chips are less than 3% fat and delish ( especially with Morrisons Eat Smart sausages and baked beans ;))
xx

sounds lush ali!

xxxx

HI
I have a lot to learn.It is hard when you go out for a meal.
It may not sound a lot but I have only got to lose about 2.5 stone
The problem with me is that I am 4ft 10ins tall and I weigh 11 stone with a 37" waist.I must be as round as I am tall.LOL
All week I have been having porridge for breakfast,homemade soup for lunch ,an apple midmorning and a small evening meal consisting of meat and veg mainly.I often have an options hot chocolate in the day as they are low in fat and calories.
I could do with learning how to calculate how much fat is in foods.

A lot of the time its quite easy to calculate the fat, you just read the labels :) On the label, you're looking at the TOTAL fat content to be no more than 5g per 100g of of food product. You also don't want to have more than 15g of fat per meal. On the majority of labels, it gives you the fat content for the entire product ( ready meals are very good at doing this).
Of course it becomes harder when you're buying fish from the fishmonger, or meat from the butcher as these foods aren't labeled. There websites though that do give you the nutritional values, you can just google what you're after, and as long as you know the weight of the food you're cooking, it should be pretty easy to work out the fat content.
xx

Wishing you good luck with your journey

Oh and meant to say...if you're really craving chips, McCains Rustic oven chips are less than 3% fat and delish ( especially with Morrisons Eat Smart sausages and baked beans ;))
xx
Yet to get those sausages Ali as i dont have a morrisons nearby...but what i do know is that they are FREE on SW !!

HI
I have a lot to learn.It is hard when you go out for a meal.
It may not sound a lot but I have only got to lose about 2.5 stone
The problem with me is that I am 4ft 10ins tall and I weigh 11 stone with a 37" waist.I must be as round as I am tall.LOL
All week I have been having porridge for breakfast,homemade soup for lunch ,an apple midmorning and a small evening meal consisting of meat and veg mainly.I often have an options hot chocolate in the day as they are low in fat and calories.
I could do with learning how to calculate how much fat is in foods.
Above menu looks good. Officailly, options hot choc is above the 5g per 100g...but i have it and dont suffer any side effects.

Yet to get those sausages Ali as i dont have a morrisons nearby...but what i do know is that they are FREE on SW !!

I know :D And there's also a butcher that I know of on the other side of Glasgow that is SW certified and he does lovely sausages, beef olives, Carribean chicken and loads of other stuff that is all free on a red day...hmm might be going over there on Wednesday morning :D :D

i picked some reduced fat sausages up in asda other day just to see how many g of fat there were per 100g an the were 3 g toooo!! where do u shop abby? dont they do an own brand low fat saus?
xx

Yeah they do but i didnt think much of them (tesco)

My mum has a morrisons nearby, will have to pop in and stock up the freezer.

Sorry :hijack:

The morrisons sausages are fab, i do them in the oven . Alibalibee i know what butchers you are talking about, and it is fab, their beef olives are great xx

Oh Betty I love their lorne sausage ...mmmm :D
I live on the southside of the city, so even in the car its a fair trek, but oh so worth it :D

Back