Chips?

600andy

Hi, My Wife & I have been on the Pro-point plan for a couple of weeks now and been loseing 8lbs each per week - which will of course slow. :hmm:

Anyway, my question. Iceland have apparently started selling WW Oven Chips - although they are SO secret I can find nothing on the web about them. :confused:

I wanted to compare the WW chips with McCain Rustic chips to see which are better and would give me more for my PP. Arguably, if I only get 100g for 4 PP, I would be better off making the WW recipe and getting 250g for 6PP.

Does anyone know the PP and values for the the secret WW chips please? :help2:

BTW - the new Casseroles look great, but only at selected stores - so only the priveleged few can have access to the full WW product range which stinks! :mad:

Andy

I had a look at the online tracker and it says Weight Watchers oven chips from Heinz 100g 5pp, this is only my 3rd day so haven't had chips yet, I don't suppose you get many in 100g :cry:

Hey Jenny, thanks. Ah, OK, just entering "Chips" doesnt work then eh? OK, will have to watch out for that.

So then, the WW oven chips (100g per 5PP) are not worth it - its easier to make your own using the WW recipe (approx 250g per 6PP)?!

OK, thats good to know. Thanks.

Hi, I've just joined but read your post and was just to suggest that you could maybe try making free chips using butternut squash?
Just cut them into wedges, spray with fry light oil and roast for approx 30 minutes. Won't taste the same as potatoes obviously but i drown mine with salt and vinigar haha.

Hmm, sounds nice - never used BNSquash before, thanks, may well give them a go.

When I was on CD, they used to go on about making Celeriac chips - I tried them and didnt care for them much, but some folks would probably love them.

I thought you lovely Glaswegian folk deep fried everything :) - how are you managing?!

Back