A slightly unusual problem

I am planning my menu for my first Pro Points and I am struggling but I am struggling to plan enough points...
I am meant to have 29 PP a day but I've only managed to plan 15 on the highest (excluding 1 day where I eat out I expect to use all my weekly there too)

I am a big under eater but also some foods i cant help but binge so cutting biscuits and chocolate (other then ww choc mint bars as I don't crave a second with those)

I know I need to get my PP up or I will struggle to loose when my weight drops

I drink Unsweetened almond milk which is 1pp for 390ml
I have gluten free oats with yogurt with mixed fruit 4pp or a slice of gluten free toast with marmalade 4pp

Then zero point soup for lunch, im not a big lunch person so soup is easy to eat

Dinners I've got Chicken with carrot and swede mash with mix veg 4pp, Smoked haddock Chowder - 6pp, cottage pie (with swede and carrot mash) -4, Sausage and home made chips - 8, Curry with cauliflower rice, 6pp, smoked haddock on bed of spinich and kale with mixed veg - 4pp

Snacks are fruit and in the evening im having a ww mint bar

I could maybe add in an extra pp by putting lurpak lightest on the toast
Could add in a piece of bread and butter with my lunch adds another 4

but it still is nowhere near 29

I don't want to eat for the sake of eating so i dont know what else to do

When I first started I often found I was under my PP or otherwise sorely tempted to go right over and it took a while for the rhythms to settle in. If not another piece of bread with your soup maybe a crispbread/toast with avocado or cream cheese (to be a bit different). First make sure you track everything 100%, your calculations seem reasonable to me but double check, I once thought I'd had roughly 20 using the online guidelines but putting in the actually recipes/NV came out to nearly 30 and this wasn't junk food.

Maybe add a teaspoon or two of olive oil to veg heavy meals or the soup because that does help with the digestion of veg or avocado or a handful of healthy nuts or cheese will do the same thing. Adding a couple more portions of fruit won't officially up the PP but it does add a healthier dose of potentially calorie dense food to the equation. Or use the full fat versions of a handful of products. I do that with yoghurt as the low fat yoghurt I used to eat has crazy amounts of sugar and additives and if you're struggling to make your points its a good way of making up the points rather than eating for the sake of it and easier to swap back to low fat if necessary.

Does your breakfast and evening meal (and snacks) definitely keep you full or could you have slightly bigger portion size and increase PP by a couple each time?

If you look at your menus for the week is there any food group that is obviously lacking? PP don't separately track macros or "Healthy Extras" so it can be less easy to consider them than on other plans/tracking but think if there are some days you want to include extra protein or fibre etc.

It's not officially recommended but I've saved a few points from other days here and there to go over by 49 at the weekends. IF you think it likely that might be the case then don't stress to much. Try not to stress at all, don't force yourself to eat anything you don't want to.

Have you considered doing F&H and tracking weeklies for a while if you don't have a big appetite? At least a few days a week, leaving a couple of days for strict pointing so you can have weeklies + dailies available for going out.

The soup you eat at lunch doesn't need to be zero points, have a tin of soup for between 5-10 points? Make some soup and add lentils or potatoes or rice to bulk it out points wise.

You don't have to cut treats out, if you do this it may make you binge anyway.

Have some fruit juice or a glass of milk...

Have a little extra butter...

If you are buying any low fat foods, don't. If you can't use your points up then you shouldn't be using low fat foods yet...

If you have a salad, add some avocado... Or eat peas/sweetcorn or sweet potato in place of some zero point veg...

It's hard but you need to make sure you don't slip into diet mode because you don't need to yet.

Good luck!

Hope this helps... X

I've ignored my plan now 50% lol I've added low point soup instead of 0 point and im trying to find a balance i'm also having a chocolate bar and sweets (ww meeting ones ofcourse) every evening

At the moment typical goes a bit like this (this is actually todays menu haha)

30g gluten free oats with mullerlite and berries (haha sw magic porrage 5pp)
Plum for a snack
Mcdonalds grilled chicken salad no dressing 3pp (this has been a healthy eating cupasoup with gluten free bread and butter 5pp)
ww sour cream crisps for snack (7 bloody crisps huh?!?) 2 pp
60g gluten free pasta 80g chicken breast (with ww piri piri seasoning) home made mint and cucumber sauce 9pp in all (previously smoked haddock little jacket and kale) these sized meals fill me up but i feel guilty if i leave any as i feel must eat more

as I knew i was a bit low on points I had 2 ww bars and a bag of ww juice bears (mmmm much better use of 2 points)

I tried makin bigger pasta dish and having it for lunch but then i ended up with soup at tea as I wasnt hungry

I ate the sweets and bars but i didnt need to really just felt better had

I always have 1 bar in the evening for my chocolate fix and sweets in the evening to keep me feeling treated

I feel so determinded i dont want to do anything which might sabotage (hell i sat in mcdonalds with my salad and i avoided all the sweets in town and I was going to go for a cupasoup for tea as i didnt feel hungry but forced myself to cook)

Why are you having low point soup though and only WW chocolate bars, if youre struggling, have a higher point soup and a proper bar of chocolate. Low point stuff is great for saving your points but not if youre having the opposite problem. Have dressing with your McDonalds chicken, theres another few points. Youre totally in the diet mindset but sometimes that can be detremental :)

I dont think I can have the dressing due to allergies

Again soups often have gluten in and im very funny with soup lol I thought about making my own but my arthritis and other issues make choping enough food too difficult :( Cupasoups are ideal as takes a minute (also have a wee girl i cant take my eyes off for a second so the minutes a gamble lol)

and I cant do normal chocolate because I can't control myself hubby said get a bag of sweets but I know i couldnt eat 1 or 2 :(

Get your hubby to hide the chocolate then and ration it lol Id definitely say avoid WW food and go for higher point equivelants. Instead of cup a soup what about a mug shot, theyre the same size as a cup a soup but some are as high as 9 points. Once the wee one is in bed you could make a nice pasta dinner, add in things like bacon, or even cream to bulk out the points, top it with cheese or something. So its still just an average size meal but not a 'diet' one :)

Back