Chips

pinkx

Anyone know any quicker way of doing slimming world chips? Im wondering if i could microwave them then bake?a la jacket potato?

Anyone know any quicker way of doing slimming world chips? Im wondering if i could microwave them then bake?a la jacket potato?

I always microwave mine first then put them in a hit oven with some chilli powder sprinkled over them x

i never par boil or microwave or peel for that matter .... wash chop frylite and bake in my oven of full whack thats all i do

i never par boil or microwave or peel for that matter .... wash chop frylite and bake in my oven of full whack thats all i do

But does that not take about 3 days?lol im looking for a quicker way. At the minute it is taking about 40 mins just to par boil and bake....i was hoping to cut this down to 10-15 mins

You're unlikely to get it down to 10-15 mins unless you but an actifry. Even then I'm not sure.

Your best bet is to microwave for 10 mins. Drain & wait for the steam to go away (makes them soggy) You need your oven on at the highest temp, lots of fry light & good sprinkle of salt to make them crispy - then it might take 15 mins to be ready but you've got 20 mins of prep before they go in the oven.

You're unlikely to get it down to 10-15 mins unless you but an actifry. Even then I'm not sure.

Your best bet is to microwave for 10 mins. Drain & wait for the steam to go away (makes them soggy) You need your oven on at the highest temp, lots of fry light & good sprinkle of salt to make them crispy - then it might take 15 mins to be ready but you've got 20 mins of prep before they go in the oven.

after research an actifry takes at least half an hour

i preheat my oven whilst i prep and have chips in 20 min from them going in..... oven chips take longer than that

How long for?

Depends on how thick I cut them but usually about 4 minutes, make sure your ovens at the highest temp

Hmm gonna try microwave tonight. Just don't have time to make them and they are lovely hehe

No way im buying an actifry for chips lol.im gonna try this tonight.i will report back tomorrow if i dont die from potato poisoning lol

If your oven is on max whilst your microwaving should not take more than 20min max
Another way to cut time down would have pots Pre prep and kept in salted water dry well micro then oven
Must admit mine never take longer than 20-25 mins even though I micro and then use oven in the combi oven! Another way to quicken the cooking after micro use to use combi oven on grill /oven this quickens the process! Hope some help

Maybe my oven is just rubbish lol. They took about 20 mins...they were ok but i prefer them the other way

I put chicken or fish in oven on 180, peel and chop two potatoes place in mircowave for 10 mins. Put on tray spray with fry light put in oven ten mins later they are done and so is the chicken. I do cook or mircowave the veg in this time so I have a meal in 30 mins not the 10-15 you wanted but I sometimes have a shower once chips are in so dinners ready when you comedown

Back