Chocolate birthday cake recipe anyone?

cokes

Silver Member
Hello!

It my hubby's birthday on the 28th and we are having a few people over, some of whom are doing atkins, others who I haven't told. In the interests of ensuring everyone (me included :D) can have a piece of cake has anyone got a nice recipe for chocolate cake. I have tried making chocolatey things before but when the recipe calls for chocolate flavouring / essence I can never find any in the shops only ever vanilla. So the recipe never tastes right as I haven't done them properly.

Any suggestions welcome. (I have soy flour etc)

Thank you guys

miracle workers we are not .............. sorry no recipe here xx

Chocolate mim mixture? Use the mim recipe on the sticky, omit the cinnamon and add cocoa powder instead. One teaspoon of cocoa powder is right for one mim, so you would need to scale up the amounts for a cake. Top with whipped cream.

Yes check out a recipe from Bren, think it's at the beginning of the Mim recipe thread - a triple tiered job, lovely pic too :)

Coconut flour mix with cocoa powder in it, and davinci chocolate syrup as the sweetener. God....I'm starving now!

Must order more coconut flour! lol!

Oooh, or almond flour. I cant stand the taste of flax, so I'll try anything to avoid it! lol! Both almond and coconut flour are lush!

Last edited:
Thank you everyone! I have found a few recipes on the web. Loads of supposedly low carb ones- one had a full cup of sugar :eek:. Think I'll be avoiding that one and their low carb lies. I am gonna try a few of the more reputable looking ones- some with nut flours and carbs counted etc. When I find a goody after taste testing, I will post it in the recipe thread.

Thanks again guys x

How many carbs is there in coconut flour? And where do you get it from? Xx

I order mine from Coconut Flour - Fudco

No idea the carb content - it doesnt say on the packet, but from googling, I'm going to say between 6 - 10g per 30g. I cant remember off the top of my head, sorry.

***EDIT***

I stand corrected:

"2 tablespoons coconut flour (12 grams): 53 Calories; 2g Fat; 2g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 4.5g Dietary Fiber; 2.5g Net Carbs

1/2 cup coconut flour (55 grams): 243.5 Calories; 8g Fat; 9.5g Protein; 32.5g Carbohydrate; 20.5g Dietary Fiber; 12g Net Carbs"

Last edited:
miracle workers we are not .............. sorry no recipe here xx
ha ha ha

Thanks Leanne, I hadn't come across that site in my search. I'm looking forward to trying out all of the recipes, I'm sure hubby will be pleased. He just loves the cake. Says no to dust though, lol

I looked at Lowcarbmegastore for coconut flour - £9.99 for 1kg!! :eek: It's slightly cheaper in the link you gave Clairecat - thanks!

Back