Cruise PV Choices in an Indian restaurant

Lose2Win

True Believer
Hello fellow Dukaner's :)

I'm going out for a meal at an Indian restaurant with my mates soon and I wanted advice on what I could eat. I'll be on sparkling water all night so I've got drinks covered. It's just the food :D

I was thinking - chicken tikka and salad for starters and king prawn curry and ladies fingers (okra). No dessert.

Any suggestions warmly accepted

Thanks

Mel xx

Sounds good to me Mel. I think the shashlicks and kebabs are good choices too.

Enjoy your Ruby! :D

P x

Last edited:
can you google to see what ingredients are traditionally used in some dishes. Do you know where you are going, is there a menu you can look at in advance.

Unfortunately, there is not a menu I can see in advance. I'm thinking that it will be the regular indian fare.

Have you eaten any Indian food since you've been on Dukan? What would you recommend?

I can't advise really, not been out for any food except a carvery, which kind of took care of itself with my avoidance of the spuds LOL

Surely if you avoid the rice and bread things, the meat dishes will pretty much be meat and veg. I know there are sauces, but try to avoid the creamy ones like korma. Maybe have a rogan josh or tikka or something like that.

Thanks Karin. I think I'm worried about the oil as I know that Indian food is generally quite heavy on fats. I'll definitely avoid the rice and bread based stuff and lean towards the dry, low fat chicken or seafood. Wish me luck xx

Let us know how you get on. Over Christmas, I ate out twice at an Indian buffet restaurant - I can think of absolutely nothing I ate which would have been OK Dukan!

I've been for Indian. I had chaat as a starter (with no potatoes) and palak as the main as its a spinach based sauce with no flour/peas etc. I emailed the restaurant for advice!

I'd suggest tikka too, possibly tandoori mixed grill as a main. Or stick with with your prawn curry and just have a quiet word and ask that they don't add extra ghee (clarified butter) to your dishes.

You can always say you are on medication that means you can't have too much fat so they take you seriously ;) or ask which they would recommend as the dishes with least fat?

I would usually have tandoori though as very little sauce and just marinated In yoghurt and spice so not much damage can be done there..

Enjoy it!!

Back