Christmas Meal at Indian Restaurant

Princess_Stevie

Gold Member
I'm just trying to work out what the Syn value will be for my Indian meal on Sunday, so that I know how many Syns I should be aiming to save.

We've been to the restaurant before, and the set meal is as following: Poppodoms & Pickles/Dips; Starter of Onion Bhaji, Chicken Tikki and a Vegetable Samosa; Main of Curry & Rice/Naan.

I only ever get Chicken Korma from the Indian, as I don't really like tomato based dishes. Using my Food Optimising book it looks like:

Poppadom 4
Red Onion Pickle
Cucumber Raita(2 level tbsp) 2

Onion Bhaji 8.5
Vegetable Samosa 4
Chicken Tikka/Tandoori - 9 Syns for 340g serving. Going to guesstimate around 5 Syns for the small portion in the starter

Chicken Korma 16.5
Boiled Rice

I'm estimating it's going to be a total of about 40 Syns, not including drinks. Does this sound about right? Any comments/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance xx

Hi hun..What sort of thing of you like for a main at indian?

I'm not a fan of tomato based curry's either, and i loooooooove korma!!!

However, I also love (and I mean LOVE) chicken balti, I ask for extra onions, mushrooms and spinach and it really really bulks it out!!! I ask for it to be made milder too as well as with the extra veg, and it is honestly one of my favourite meals, considering i'm not really a fan of the whole indian/chinese thing.

I always skip the naan bread too as white bread + me does not equate to a happy Tara!!!! Always ask for loads of salad too :)

Hope this helps a little hun.
If all else fails, just enjoy and be good for the rest of the week, we're all allowed a break every now and then. Esp. with something as rich as an indian meal. If your anything like me, I only have a proper indian once in a blue moon anyway :)

Let me know how it goes!!! I had one last week and had chicken tikka and just forgot about SW altogether, and surprised myself by not even eating as much as I usually would anyway, it was too rich!!!

xxx

Hi hun..What sort of thing of you like for a main at indian?

I'm not a fan of tomato based curry's either, and i loooooooove korma!!!

However, I also love (and I mean LOVE) chicken balti, I ask for extra onions, mushrooms and spinach and it really really bulks it out!!! I ask for it to be made milder too as well as with the extra veg, and it is honestly one of my favourite meals, considering i'm not really a fan of the whole indian/chinese thing.

I always skip the naan bread too as white bread + me does not equate to a happy Tara!!!! Always ask for loads of salad too :)

Hope this helps a little hun.
If all else fails, just enjoy and be good for the rest of the week, we're all allowed a break every now and then. Esp. with something as rich as an indian meal. If your anything like me, I only have a proper indian once in a blue moon anyway :)

Let me know how it goes!!! I had one last week and had chicken tikka and just forgot about SW altogether, and surprised myself by not even eating as much as I usually would anyway, it was too rich!!!

xxx

Hi hun, thanks for your comments.

I'm definitely going to go for the korma, as I'm not sure what else I'd like and I don't want to risk getting stuck with something I won't eat. According to the Food Optimising book an average portion is 16.5 Syns - not really too bad, and I can never eat a full portion anyway.

I agree with the naan bread thing, definitely going to avoid them. They fill me up too much anyway, and I wouldn't be able to enjoy the rest of my meal.

Does anyone else have any idea if my estimate of Syns looks about right? I'm being really good the rest of the week, and saving my Syns, so I'd just like to be sure I've saved enough :)

Thanks xx

Back