Christina Hendricks- a great role-model!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
I was chatting to one of my male colleagues in work yesterday and we got talking about what shape of woman men find attractive! We acknowledged that everyone has different tastes, horses for courses and all that, but he was of the opinion that most men would find a curvy woman more desirable than a stick thin one!! I hadn't heard of this lady, but Christina Hendricks is an American actress who stars in 'Mad Men' which I'm not at all familiar with, but apparently she has been voted the sexiest woman in the world by Esquire magazine, and is fast becoming hot property in showbiz! I did some reading on her last night and felt very reassured about my own body, which is of similar proportions! She seems genuinely happy with her body and the male population are obviously in full agreement! I realise that not everyone has an hourglass figure or big bosoms, but we are constantly brainwashed by magazines, adverts and clothes shops into thinking that 'skinny' is the way to go! Although I still have some weight to lose to be at what 'I' consider to be my ideal weight, it is just so lovely to read about a celebrity who is conveying to the world that curvy= womanly=beautiful!! I just feel so much better after discovering this woman and there's a glimmer of hope that maybe one day there will be a turnaround in the ideals of society and that we'll return to aspiring to the modern day Marilyn Monroes (1930s) and Sophia Lorens (1960s)!!X​

christina-hendricks.jpg

Last edited:
It's not necessarily all about the boobies though- it's also just about the fact that we don't have to be skinnymalinks to be sexy! It's just fantastic to see role models like this for which the world's going crazy rather than the size 0 'role models' we see in the magazines and adverts and to which so many women are shockingly aspiring!

I found this article interesting (and bear in mind they're referring to the American size 12=UK size 14-16)X

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-size-christina-hendricks-new-sexy-archetype/

Last edited:
Very true Heather, and a great article too. She is lovely - put her or Nigella in a line up with Cheryl Cole or Lady Gaga (who seems to have lost sooo much weight) and you know who the men would choose!

I think it's still a real shame that all the designers are saying that they love her, yet she still can't get dresses by them to walk down the red carpet in!

She looks fantastic - trouble with the 40s and sixties is that there were still the skinnies around. Twigggy in the 60's and audrey hepburn in the late 40's.

I think the difference here is that what women want and what men want is entirely different. I am sure most men would go for the curvey look but women don't seem to 'get' that and they go for the skinnies touted in the magazines.

I think maybe women should buy mens mags!:eek:

ncurves112im5.jpg
skinny_lead_narrowweb__300x449,0.jpg

No contest !!!!!!

I think it's still a real shame that all the designers are saying that they love her, yet she still can't get dresses by them to walk down the red carpet in!

They are lazy arse gits is all - it takes a real artist with cloth to make a garment that conforms to such a wonderful figure instead of just energising a fabric bag to fit a bean pole.:rolleyes:

ncurves112im5.jpg
skinny_lead_narrowweb__300x449,0.jpg

No contest !!!!!!

:jelous: eeew. That looks like a guy not a girl! Im all for real women! Should be more of them as models, after all, we're the one buying the clothes!! Oh and Nigella isnt doing bad at all considering she's 50!!!!:eek:

Yes way! I saw it in "The Sun" and nearly died of shock but its true!! She's 51 on 6th Jan i think. I had to wiki her to make sure :giggle:

Back