CHRISTMAS .......GULP!

sonkie

Gold Member
Hi is anyone else going to be sticking to there diet all through christmas and new year ?
I have decided I am going to be good and not take a break and stick to my guns, I have forwarned all the in-laws that I will not be eating or drinking this year and that I expect there full support. My sister in law is the type that if your not eating or drinking you are not normal and being boring.

So to all of you who will be joining me in dieting over the holiday period GOOD LUCK and BEST WISHES

SONKIE

Good on you. Just tell your family that if they try to make you eat. They will be jeopardising your chances of good health. But saying that you need to remember that whether you eat or not is ultimately down to you. You are the responsible party. I think you are doing the right thing for you as you are still early in your journey, it would be difficult to get back to SSing after a break.

Personally I will be eating anything I like as I am only pounds from goal and a healthy bmi 22.9 I think for those of you that do SS over Xmas it will ultimately make the day more special more memorable. You will feel so proud and always remember the Xmas day when you ate nought!!!

Dizzy x

Hi, I'm ss-ing throughout Christmas, New Year and my birthday! :eek: :( :D

But I heard that they're all going to happen again next year around about the same time, so I'm not too worried!!

The way I look at it is I had my fun and this is payback! Plus it's all going to be so worth it. Ordinarily over Christmas I can expect to put on loads of weight.. but not this year and that's a pretty good present to myself!

Hi Dizzy you have done so well how long did it take you?
thanks for the encouraging words.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY
SONKIE

Well I was going to eat this Christmas as I expected to be near to goal...

No such luck:(

But I have decided to SS and I am happy about my decision and have the support of my family.

Love Mini xxx

GAIJINGGIRL, Thank you for your support and good for you too, we can do it. Im just thinking of the lovely outfit I will be able to wear next year instead of tent size tshirts. Im sitting here sniffing my sons kit kat.
Sonkie

Thanx mini my in laws say they understand so i will see if they put pressure on me i will go home lol.

sonkie

Hi Sonkie

Thank you! I started CD back in July and have had a few little blips along the way but very happy about the whole experience. I would even say I have thoroughly enjoyed it!

Hope you are in my position next Christmas.

Dizzy x

Well sonkie totally agree with you to stick to it. I have been on and off Ss for the past 2 months and i decided to take a break away from cambridge now tomorrow will be starting again i think i will find it easy as if it is day one again.
Good luck over christmas and hope all goes well

i am going to eat xmas day and boxing day, but not to extream then get back on it, sounds easy let hope it is, have to go out tomorow nite for a meal so that will be the test, i am so looking forward to eating lol and havin a drink, has any one els done this whils SS, and what effect did it have on ur weight loss, i would be happy to stay the same, just dont want to put on

thanks to everyone for there lovely comments you have all given me the willpower to stick with this diet......i was really desperate to put something in my gaping hole which is now redundant lol. So I came on here and you have all kept me busy .

THANK YOU SO MUCH

SONKIE

hey no prob i know that feeling, lol some one offerd me a crisp earlier, i said no but can i smell them lol they smelt lovley lol

Gaijing girl I'm with you on all of that!

I ss'ed through my birthday and will keep on through Christmas and New Year too!

Sod anyone who tries to make you break your resolve - just remember those dreadful ads.. and Say NO!! :D

I have a rebuff for all critics... would they rather see me at Christmas having a good time or watching my coffin being lowered? Not a hard choice now is it!! When you say it like that folks should back off (unless you have particularly nasty peeps in your group of family/friends! ) :D Good luck to all who have a plan for Chrimbo whether it be SS, 790, eating, whatever! As long as you stay in control it's all hunky dory!
xxx

i am going to eat xmas day and boxing day, but not to extream then get back on it, sounds easy let hope it is, have to go out tomorow nite for a meal so that will be the test, i am so looking forward to eating lol and havin a drink, has any one els done this whils SS, and what effect did it have on ur weight loss, i would be happy to stay the same, just dont want to put on

Don't wanna scare you but there is another thread you should read... which is ALL about Christmas and what happens if/when you stop ss'ing... I'll try and work out how to paste it on this one.. if I can!!!:rolleyes: :)

Hi Sonkie,

My advice would be to stick with SS. I did LL a couple of years ago and the only members of my group who made i to goal and onto management were the 2 of us who resisted food and drink at xmas.

I still sat at the dinner table with all my family but I had a savoury drink when they had their main and made a muffin when they had desert. Still felt bloated cos I filled up on fizzy water with flavourings! :rolleyes: (did the same agian NYE with friends who ate a 4 course Jamie Oliver special! :( ). It was all worth it as I lost 7.5 stone in under 6 months. AND YOU CAN TOO!! :D

I agree that pushing the health angle makes it more difficult for others to argue with. and if anyone DARES to call you boring just point out that it is THEM who is boring everyone by banging on about your health choices.:p

Good luck and I look forward to your good losses post-holidays! ;)

Jeanie x

my plan is to eat like an AAM for xmas day & boxing day.
i had hubby's xmas meal on friday & just ate turkey & veg & lost 4 3/4lbs this week , usually been losing 3 1/2 lb a week, i used this as a test & passed.My hubby & girls know what i'm doing & if i threaten to eat anything they give me hell - made crisps the other night & my eldest (10) read me the riot act.we are having m&d over for dinner & they understand so think i will be ok
good luck whatever you choose to do & don't be swayed!!:)

i HAVE TOLD EVERYONE IF THEY THINK i LOOK LIKE IM GONNA DIVE IN TO GIVE ME A KICK UP THE BACKSIDE. THIS SITE IS HELPING ME BIG TIME TO TAKE MY MIND OFF OF FOOD AND.......... VODKA AND COKE WIV ICE AND LEMON MMMMMMMM SEE WHAT I MEAN LOL

SONKIE

OH WELL XMAS DAY WENT WELL, BUT COME BOXING DAY WE HAD A LITTLE BUFFET IN EVENING AND WELL THATS WHEN I SLID DOWN THE SLIPPERY SLOPE. I HAD SOME GAMMON AND CHICKEN .....OOOO AND A FEW PIECES OF CHOC. IM STILL NOT BACK IN KETOSIS.....WELL IV NOT CHECKED TODAY YET. BUT IM BACK ON TRACK NOW

Back