Christmas pudding challenge?

I know what you mean HotSue- I always said I was big bones too. Turns out I was just fat!! And that my frame isn't any bigger than "normal"! I usually weigh on a Monday morning and try to avoid the scales the rest of the week. I suppose we can all stick to our regular weigh days and update here during the week?

squishymcfatterson said:
I know what you mean HotSue- I always said I was big bones too. Turns out I was just fat!! And that my frame isn't any bigger than "normal"! I usually weigh on a Monday morning and try to avoid the scales the rest of the week. I suppose we can all stick to our regular weigh days and update here during the week?

Well I weigh on a Friday and a Monday then avoid scales the rest of the time. The Monday weigh in is to make sure I haven't gone too mad at the weekend,as I do have a relaxed day on saturday or Sunday when it comes to food and exercise. I don't go mad, because after more than 30 years of failed dieting attempts I've learned that you can't completely throw it all way and binge, this is a lifestyle change. Thats why it's finally worked this time for me. We will go out for a family pub meal at the weekend or McDonald's I will have dessert etc but I know that I'm back on track Monday morning or even at the next meal time. Where as before I would start again Monday , or next week or next month or think i might as well leave it and get back on diet after Christmas!!
Who was I trying to kid all those years with all those excuses.., what a waste of my years : /
You can tell I'm quite passionate about this now and I worry that I'm becoming a dieting bore but sometimes I read blogs of young overweight women like I used to be and I remember all the tears, insecurities and avoiding social events, wearing clothes that fit rather than I liked : ((( slim fast, bran slim, grapefruit diet, 500 cals a day, cabbage soup, slimming patches (yes I fell for that !!)
Hypnotherapy tapes, Atkins, bananas only .... The list goes on.... And so did the weight.
Then finally the magic slimming solution..... Eat less... Move more ... Simples!!! calorie counting.. No starvation !! I wish someone had just shook me when I was younger. Anyway sorry for my essay!! Will post my weight Monday!!
Happy slimming ladies x

hotsue67 said:
Well I weigh on a Friday and a Monday then avoid scales the rest of the time. The Monday weigh in is to make sure I haven't gone too mad at the weekend,as I do have a relaxed day on saturday or Sunday when it comes to food and exercise. I don't go mad, because after more than 30 years of failed dieting attempts I've learned that you can't completely throw it all way and binge, this is a lifestyle change. Thats why it's finally worked this time for me. We will go out for a family pub meal at the weekend or McDonald's I will have dessert etc but I know that I'm back on track Monday morning or even at the next meal time. Where as before I would start again Monday , or next week or next month or think i might as well leave it and get back on diet after Christmas!!
Who was I trying to kid all those years with all those excuses.., what a waste of my years : /
You can tell I'm quite passionate about this now and I worry that I'm becoming a dieting bore but sometimes I read blogs of young overweight women like I used to be and I remember all the tears, insecurities and avoiding social events, wearing clothes that fit rather than I liked : ((( slim fast, bran slim, grapefruit diet, 500 cals a day, cabbage soup, slimming patches (yes I fell for that !!)
Hypnotherapy tapes, Atkins, bananas only .... The list goes on.... And so did the weight.
Then finally the magic slimming solution..... Eat less... Move more ... Simples!!! calorie counting.. No starvation !! I wish someone had just shook me when I was younger. Anyway sorry for my essay!! Will post my weight Monday!!
Happy slimming ladies x

Here here! X

Clanger72 said:
Re-adding my name to the list as i was missed off the last one :(

Time2go - 10lbs
SquishyMcFatterson - 9lb
Hotsue67 -10lb
BerryBerry - 8lb
MissAmy: Target 17lb - 17lb to go
Huwiesmummy- 14lbs
j70joj - 7lbs
Clanger72 - 8lbs

Sorry clanger, that was me on my phone - not deliberate!!!

Lost 7lbs in my first week :) gonna b a tough week this week!gonna keeps MTV target as 10lbs and review it as we go along!

Time2go - 10lbs - 7lbs lost
SquishyMcFatterson - 9lb
Hotsue67 -10lb
BerryBerry - 8lb
MissAmy: Target 17lb - 17lb to go
Huwiesmummy- 14lbs
j70joj - 7lbs
Clanger72 - 8lbs
Phoenyx - 17lbs - 17 to go

Wohoo. 7lb in week is bliddy fab.

I only lost 1lb, sooo long to go.

SquishyMcFatterson - 9lb
Hotsue67 -10lb
BerryBerry - 8lb
MissAmy: Target 17lb (1lb lost- 16lb to go)
Huwiesmummy- 14lbs
j70joj - 7lbs
Clanger72 - 8lbs

MissAmy said:

SquishyMcFatterson - 9lb
Hotsue67 -10lb
BerryBerry - 8lb
Huwiesmummy- 14lbs
j70joj - 7lbs
Clanger72 - 8lbs

Was just a fluke. Well done on ur 1lb :) x

MissAmy said:

SquishyMcFatterson - 9lb
Hotsue67 -10lb ( 3lb lost - 7lb to go)
BerryBerry - 8lb
Huwiesmummy- 14lbs
j70joj - 7lbs
Clanger72 - 8lbs

Pleased with that. Got two days off work with hubby and our anniversary celebrations so this week may have to settle for stay the same but will still exercise. Have a good week everyone ! Xx

Stayed the same this week. Have a lot of work to do before Xmas :(

SquishyMcFatterson - 9lb
Hotsue67 -10lb (3lb lost- 7lb to go)
BerryBerry - 8lb
Huwiesmummy- 14lbs
j70joj - 7lbs
Clanger72 - 8lbs

Clanger72 said:
STS for me as well this week, serious work needed to reach xmas goal!

Me too Clanger, me too. I think my body is rebelling...!!

1 lb off this week..... need to focus over the week to stop myself STS or gaining. PMA!!!

SquishyMcFatterson - 9lb
BerryBerry - 8lb (1lb lost - 7lb to go)
Huwiesmummy- 14lbs
j70joj - 7lbs
Clanger72 - 8lbs

So glad I didn't put in in the last month since I started food but I've lost all my water weight so I'm changing my goal to counter in that fact.

SquishyMcFatterson - 9lb
Huwiesmummy- 18lbs (lost 12 6 to go)
j70joj - 7lbs
Clanger72 - 8lbs

Tam Xx

Down 3lbs since the beginning of November, chuffed with that. :)

SquishyMcFatterson - 9lb
j70joj - 7lbs
Clanger72 - 8lbs
Phoenyx - 17lbs - 3 down, 14 to go

Stayed the same this week for me. Which is lucky, as hubby had 5 days off work , we celebrated our wedding anniversary and I seemed to over indulge greatly! Only had time to exercise once also which makes a lot of difference. So definitely going to have a better week this week. .. ; )

hotsue67 said:
Stayed the same this week for me. Which is lucky, as hubby had 5 days off work , we celebrated our wedding anniversary and I seemed to over indulge greatly! Only had time to exercise once also which makes a lot of difference. So definitely going to have a better week this week. .. ; )

STS is a great result after the week you had! Well done!

I had a weekend off from CC (ok, let's face it, I stuffed my face!!) as I knew I was starting back on Lipotrim food replacement tomorrow morning. (Was meant to be today but a few things go in the way)

Anyway, I am up 1.2lb which doesn't surprise me at all. I am now 10lb from goal, so I am going to change my pledge. I know I'm not strictly "calorie counting" but I am going to keep logging my losses here to keep myself motivated up to Xmas. Hope you all don't mind! I think I need this VLCD just to keep up with all of your amazing losses!

SquishyMcFatterson - 10lb - 0lb lost
j70joj - 7lbs
Clanger72 - 8lbs

Well not going well.
On Saturdays weigh in i gained 3lb!

I haven't eaten enough to gain that so hoping i will drop it quickish.

As such my target is even further away and i really doubt I'll achieve 19lbs before Christmas but will keep plodding on.

SquishyMcFatterson - 10lb - 0lb lost
MissAmy: Target 17lb (-2lb lost- 19lb to go)
j70joj - 7lbs
Clanger72 - 8lbs

Keep going Amy :) I get a surge of joy every time I see that little piglet in wellies :D

Back