christmas?

What are people doing about christmas? Im debating if i should have a few weeks off over chriatmas as its the best time of the year! Help?? X

Hi, I am planning to do an 810 week so I can eat something over Christmas. I don't want to go mad as everyone says it is so hard to get back on the plan once you come off it so I am not having alcohol just my food. I have also decided not to go out on my works Christmas party (told them my husband is working and they seemed fine about that!!!) then I won't be tempted at all.

I noticed you started on the same day as me - I just think by Christmas we will have really got into this plan and should have some pretty decent loss by then and I don't want to ruin it.

Sorry, bit of a long winded reply - let me know what you think x

Chicken, tuna, cottage cheese and green veg or salad, it's all listed in your booklet. Ok so it's not full Christmas dinner but the way I feel at the moment it will be luxury and something to look forward to LOL. Might change my mind in a few weeks having been 100% so far.

I'll be having a planned break. I will be off diet from 21st to 27th of December (I'm Pagan and celebrate the mid-winter solstice but also do the whole Christmas thing for the kids sake).

Not going out over new year so am happy to get back on diet on the 27th.

I won't go crazy. I just recently went to Majorca to an all inclusive hotel for three nights and had a break from the diet and managed to not go too crazy so am going to try for same over Xmas xx

That was brave Majorca, how much did you gain and did you find it hard to go back to the plan, are you SS or SS+? Sorry, loads of questions!!!

I gained 3lbs and have already lost it after being on SS for four days. I generally do SS+ but wanted to shift the weight ASAP so will do SS for this week then back to SS+

In Majorca I had three meals a day but limited myself to carbs just twice (usually one piece of bread at breakfast and a portion of potato with evening meal). I didn't have the full breakfast even though it looked yummy, I just had scrambled eggs and fruit but to be honest I was glad I didn't go for the full breakfast as I really enjoyed what I had and it might sound silly but I think I enjoyed the break a whole lot more knowing that I was in control and wouldn't set my diet back by something like a stone.

I dont have a booklet? I think i will probably have a break because i should be nearly at my target then. So might just have a short break as you are doing x

P.s moon gazer you done really well to control yourself and only put 3lbs on. Well done for not going crazy with the yummy breakfasts i dont no if i could have done.that lol x

laura - you cdc needs to give you a booklet asap (some charge about £1.50 for it) - it will be impossible to do the higher steps without it.

I will be SSing over xmas, new year, and my birthday in january. I know myself and it isn't really a case of being interested in doing otherwise. it's far, far easier for me. also, i'm very time pressured with this diet - i can't afford to lose a week in getting to goal, otherwise maintenance will crash into my holiday in april. i've had 36 xmas dinners, i'll have many, many more. it's only food. i'll still be dressing up and doing presents and seeing family and all the other brilliant stuff.

My cdc hasnt even mentioned a booklet to me? I have got my weigh in on tuesday so i will ask her. Me and my partner are doing the diet we are only 21 and we would just be seen as miserable if we were eating/drinking and there is sooo much temptation x

Thread moved to main forum due to food references

Im hoping I will have finished by christmas im only a few pounds away from my target anyway. How long does it take to do all the steps??

i had time off for xmas the first time I did cd and I wish I hadn't. I went haywire and was so fed up afterwards about all the weight I had put on and all the progress I had missed out on making that it took me two years to get my head back in the right place to do it again properly. I faffed and faffed for ages.
Now I am back in the right head space and am going to have a little chicken and some mushrooms over xmas but no alcohol and nothing else non CD.
I think it depends on how you react to things. I had found SS so easy and thought i would get back to it after xmas with no problems but I couldn't.

:) so... planning on enjoying the xmas lights and the festive atmosphere but without the food!

I'm going to be finished by Xmas! Woop

However, i will still be watching what I eat as don't want to put those lbs back on! I have to admit, I'm rather scared of the impending selection boxes appearing at work - eeeek!!

I stuck to SS last christmas - I knew if I didn't then I wouldn't be able to get restarted again - and it was much easier than i thought even though I was baking a cooking yummies for everyone else. I had to come off plan in April due to operation (had lost 8 stone by that point) and since then have really really struggled to get started again - and have put several stone back on (totally mad binging) anyway back on day 2 again now and will be SSing for christmas - I'm not going to let a day get between me and goal this time. (remind me I said that if I wobble ...please ;-))

Lots of good comments on here to think about.

Spangles - you have done brilliantly over your 12 weeks and it really inspires me, I must ask you though, do you get rummbly tummies and crave food when you see what your family are eating or you are cooking for them? I have stuck to this 100% for 2.5 weeks but really crave the food and have to go off into the other room so I don't think about it. I thought it got a bit easier - please tell me it does!

As for Christmas, I am going to do SS until 24th December when we have a family party - I will then be doing my 810 week so am planning to have chicken and veg or turkey (is that allowed?) and veg. I've told my family not to buy me my usual box of Thornton's and I look forward to having them next year when this is all done and dusted!

yeah - turkey (breast only) is fine.

so - i do have it easier because i don't have kids, and obviously i don't cook for my husband any more - though some women do... i can't imagine my husband getting away with that suggestion. I do have those temptations, though. he has delivery pizza at least once a week, and tonight has been toasting bread all evening (skinny git is the same weight now as when he was at uni, i discovered tonight). On one level the smells are obviously lovely, and on another, i *know* i like those foods so i feel a bit sad and hard done by that i can't have them... but when i look at the pizza, i can't really imagine eating it. that kind of happened around about week three, i think. so i'm tempted, and sometimes sad, but the actual resisting isn't constantly hard.

the closest i've come to breaking the diet has been during emotional lows, and that's about my rebellious inner child wanting to spoil things and say 'feck the whole thing'. but equally, i'd be really upset if i did. in the first few weeks i used to have really upsetting dreams where i'd eaten something by accident and it was so awful, the feeling that i'd ruined it. In one dream i was clawing the inside of my mouth trying to get the food (fish) out. Those have gone now, and it's just routine. It *does* get easier.

Everybody says that the first time is the golden time. The time until your first break or cheat, or your first go on the diet. After you've been off it, it's never as easy again. Obviously everyone has different experiences, but i'm prepared to believe it - so part of what keeps me on the straight and narrow is fear.

Well I keep thinking of you when I feel like I want to eat something and your bit at the bottom saying "First 12 wks complete: no cheats, blips or breaks. Total: 49.5lbs/3.5 stone"

I just hope and pray that I can keep on going .... only 54 days to go until Christmas Eve when I start my 810 week, that is my 1st challenge and I think if I keep losing like I do then it will keep me motivated. I cooked roast chicken tonight and avoided it - had the choc orange bar instead which was rather scrummy. I have to cook for hubby and my 2 girls.

Also, being on here keeps me busy and I'm reading a book - something I never do, so that keeps me out of the kitchen! Long may it continue.

Are you doing an 810 week now as you've done your 12 weeks? Hope it goes ok - keep us posted xx

Back