Chromium

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Peridot, 8 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Peridot

Peridot Peridot

Does anyone know if it's okay to take chromium whilst on CD? It's a mineral which is supposed to suppress desire for sweet things - my chocolate withdrawal symptoms are killing me and I could do with all the help I can get!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. slimforlive

slimforlive Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sorry, I don't know, BUT I do make little choccie sweets out of my chocolate shakes - I mix shake and a bit of water into a thick paste, then roll into rounds, and freeze for about 45 mins. LOVELY, and feel like you're having a treat! If you do these, just make sure you drink extra water to make up for it! :)

4. Lil K

Lil K Addicted to Minimins

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(13.3%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    The CD shakes already have chromium included in them (just checked on the box). Have you tried the choc, choc & mint shakes or choc tetra? These usually satisfy any choc craving I have

5. Sweetpea

Sweetpea Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I can't see that taking Chromium would be a problem as long as you don't exceed the stated dose. Actually today I opened my cupboard and took a couple of Chromium Piconicalate tablets today. I've been on CD for a few months now and haven't taken any previously but was just hoping they would give me a bit of a boost.

They were recommended in one of the Atkins books as they help metabolism and the conversion of glucose.

6. Peridot

Peridot Peridot

You're both very kind. Sadly I am a real hardened choc addict and the chocolate flavour packs bear no resemblance (just makes me feel bitter!) so don't do anything to help cravings. Know I'll get through it...

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.