Chromium

Peridot

Peridot
Does anyone know if it's okay to take chromium whilst on CD? It's a mineral which is supposed to suppress desire for sweet things - my chocolate withdrawal symptoms are killing me and I could do with all the help I can get!

Sorry, I don't know, BUT I do make little choccie sweets out of my chocolate shakes - I mix shake and a bit of water into a thick paste, then roll into rounds, and freeze for about 45 mins. LOVELY, and feel like you're having a treat! If you do these, just make sure you drink extra water to make up for it! :)

The CD shakes already have chromium included in them (just checked on the box). Have you tried the choc, choc & mint shakes or choc tetra? These usually satisfy any choc craving I have

I can't see that taking Chromium would be a problem as long as you don't exceed the stated dose. Actually today I opened my cupboard and took a couple of Chromium Piconicalate tablets today. I've been on CD for a few months now and haven't taken any previously but was just hoping they would give me a bit of a boost.

They were recommended in one of the Atkins books as they help metabolism and the conversion of glucose.

You're both very kind. Sadly I am a real hardened choc addict and the chocolate flavour packs bear no resemblance (just makes me feel bitter!) so don't do anything to help cravings. Know I'll get through it...

Back