Step 1 Sole Source + Chubby funster no more!

hannah90

Apologies if this makes no sense but I am new to this... I'm Hannah, 23, and tired of being the chubby one! I have a group of amazing friends and last year 2 of them lost 9 stone between them on Cambridge, so I thought I'd give it a try too. I started in January and lost nearly 2 stone, then fell off the wagon and never quite got back on (went through exams, break up etc.)

I have put on a stone since I came off plan but am determined to lose that, and more. I started on Monday at 12 stone 10 pounds, and I would like to lose 2 stone by Christmas. Pretty do-able I hope :)

I got the urge to fall off the wagon tonight but luckily found this forum and have spent the last couple of hours reading your amazing inspirational diaries... hope that posting on here every day will keep me on track and I'll be at goal in no time! We can do this!

Thanks for reading :) x

This is a great place to take your mind of things, good luck on your journey x

Thanks shrinkingalice!

Days 6 & 7
Yesterday was a bit of a let down, we had a big family get together and I ended up having an orange juice and some chicken and veg from their roast dinner. I know it's stupid to kick myself because I was eating healthily but I feel so stupid for giving into their whole "oh you don't need to diet, it's Sunday, we're never together as a family..." argh! But I've been 100% today, had a bar for breakfast & tomato and chili soup for lunch. Just had my first WI and I confessed my slip up yesterday - my CWC is so lovely and didn't tell me off, just reminded me why I'm doing this and I feel so positive! And I lost 4lbs in my first week :) I'm happy with that but could have been a bit more I think if I hadn't eaten yesterday... my CWC reminded me though that if I keep up that weight loss I'll have reached my goal in 6/7 weeks which made me smile!

Going to post some "before" pictures later - I figure if they're on the internet for the world to see I'll be even more motivated to do something about it!

Hi Hannah well done on deciding to start again, I know it's not easy!
looking forward to keeping up with your progress xxx

Hi Hannah! Im 23 too! I did cambridge last year and had great results! Unfortunately i didnt maintain it! So put on about 4 stones in a year! I started on thurs and doing ss! How u finding it so far? I gave into temptation over the weekend and ended up eating! Felt so bad after! But back on track! However this month is so bad, my whole familys bday, including mine, an indian wedding lasting 3 days, religious festival and to top it off a holiday to Tunisia at the end of the month! God knows how im even goin to lose any weight this month! :(

Thanks molly! Do you have a diary? If you do post the link here, I'd love to have a read :)

Day 8
Ugh today was horrible. Have had some hunger pangs before but nothing like this... not sure if it's because I ate on Tuesday so my body is wanting food again?! But I managed to stay strong somehow and just downed a big glass of water. Cold enough to be in my onesie tonight but it's a pain with the amount I'm peeing at the moment! TMI sorry! I only really like the chocolate & chocolate mint shakes, tomato soup & a few of the bars but I haven't got sick of them (yet)... I imagine it might be different after 7 weeks though ha.

Still haven't quite got the guts to post *that* before picture yet. Decided it would be a good idea to take it in my underwear to really shame myself into action but regretting it now. Will hopefully feel more brave tomorrow.

Hi Hannah! Im 23 too! I did cambridge last year and had great results! Unfortunately i didnt maintain it! So put on about 4 stones in a year! I started on thurs and doing ss! How u finding it so far? I gave into temptation over the weekend and ended up eating! Felt so bad after! But back on track! However this month is so bad, my whole familys bday, including mine, an indian wedding lasting 3 days, religious festival and to top it off a holiday to Tunisia at the end of the month! God knows how im even goin to lose any weight this month! :(

Hey skinny! Sounds like we're in the same boat, losing weight then falling off the wagon, would be good if we can help keep each other on track :) I'm finding it OK, first few days were soooo much harder than they were the first time round but I'm starting to get into a routine now... got so hungry today though and nearly gave it.

Oh I know how you feel :( it's so difficult to stay on track when you have so many things to do that revolve around eating/drinking. All you can do is remember why you want to do this - my CWC said something to me that stuck, which is that you never regret not eating something you shouldn't, but you always regret giving into temptation. I think for your birthday though you deserve a treat! How are you finding it in general?

Hannah x

Hey Hannah, ye this is the link to it http://www.minimins.com/weight-loss-diary/327371-cambridge-christmas-2013-a.html . I tend to post loads and then not for a while but love being able to vent when I need to! It's so awful when your starving and just trying to get passed that.
My mum always used to say as kids when we said we were hungry that she doesn't know where this idea that everyone needs to feel full to the brim at all times came from and there is no harm in feeling hungry, I guess she was right! I used to be inclined to eat all day just grazing along x

Hey Hannah, ye this is the link to it http://www.minimins.com/weight-loss-diary/327371-cambridge-christmas-2013-a.html . I tend to post loads and then not for a while but love being able to vent when I need to! It's so awful when your starving and just trying to get passed that.
My mum always used to say as kids when we said we were hungry that she doesn't know where this idea that everyone needs to feel full to the brim at all times came from and there is no harm in feeling hungry, I guess she was right! I used to be inclined to eat all day just grazing along x

Hiya Molly, I've had a read of your diary and you're being so strong! Your goal is total reachable by Christmas - that's when I'd like to be at my goal for too! We always have loads of family get togethers at Christmas and everyone takes a million pictures, I just want to look nice for the first time in years. I know what you mean, it's soo weird how obsessed people are with feeling full all the time, like fullness = happiness. I get used to feeling hungry on this diet and it's not that bad most of the time. My problem too is that I am constantly snacking - all my friends say they don't know why I am overweight because my portion sizes are quite small - dont think they realise I eat about 8 of those "small" portions a day though!

Today has been tough so far. I work really odd shift patterns, sometimes late, sometimes early and it really messes up my eating routine. I only had my "breakfast" about 2 hours ago and it's already nearly my breaking time which is when I'll be having "lunch". Not sure if this is doing me any harm and will affect my losses but also not sure what else I can do about it (other than quit my job - I wish!). Hope everyone is having a good day :) x

I doubt it would mess up your weight loss as long as it works out that you are having your packs in 24 hours and no more or less you should be fine. and drinking water! very important :)

Back