Chunky's Pregnancy Diary- All over the place!

chunkylass

Hi Everyone,

I had my 12 week scan yesterday - AMAZING! I have known for 5 weeks or so that I was pregnant but didnt want to jinx it so just kept quiet. Now I am shouting it from the roof tops.

Am concerned as to what to expect. I was 26/27st when I fell pregnant so shouldnt have apparently. Then everyone went on about it being dangerous and I have to be careful, then nothing else so dont really know what I am doing or what to expect.

I am 22 and married to hubby since June last year. We werent trying for a kid cos I wanted to lose weight and prgress a little in my job before kids and hubby lost his job a few months back, so was a big shock when it did happen.

Hope your all well and having healthy happy pregnancies. As I am new to this anyy help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sammy x

Congratulations on your pregnancy! :D xx

massive congratulations honey :D

throw any questions you have out there, we'll all be happy to answer them. i remember the feeling 'huh? say what now?' about everything but guess if i haven't worked most of it out by now then it's too late :)

abz xx

My one question at the moment following this morning is when does the horrible stuff stop lol! I been lucky no sickness really apart from couple of occasions, however 10-15 times I day I start gagging and it goes on for couple of mins. Hate it, random things get me going...the latest thing - a cobweb haha!
x

i'm not the person to ask hon as i'm still sick now. had a brief respite that happened to land over christmas and the only thing that kills mine is carbs, so have gained weight. joined slimming world this week to try and curb that, ha. usually morning sickness goes between 12 and 16 weeks for most people :) so hopefully when you go into the second trimester you'll be a bloomer... i have yet to bloom really :D

Hey Sammy, welcome to the forum.

Sorry can't answer about morning sickness, never suffered through any of my 4 pregnancies. Most I got was nauseous if I didn't eat regularly.

I guess I should just count myself lucky that I am not actually being sick. It just seems like I have to wait forever for the next thing to happen! x

eating small amounts regularly really does seem to help :) if you get hungry you are likely to feel much worse. and some people swear by ginger biscuits. but i got so sick of people telling me that when they didn't work for me that i'm not going to officially recommend it :D

it will feel like forever between things. the next thing to wait for i suppose is the midwife listening for the heartbeat. most do that around 16 weeks although some will do it before if you ask... but be warned, they may not find it as the baby hides away, which is why they don't do it earlier generally :) it does seem slow in the beginning. i'm now in the position where i've suddenly got 10 weeks to go and haven't done even half as much as i thought i would have... still need to sort out the nursery :S

Congratulations! Sorry you're feeling nauseous, it's worse than actually vomiting sometimes :( Hope it passes soon.
Looks like you have a cheeky monkey in there! ;)

Back