Cinema

I know this is an old post but thought I'd add in my suggestion for anyone else looking for cinema snacks. flying saucers and sainsbury's fat free marshmallows are both a good low syn sweets - think they are both 4 sweets = 1 syn but that would need double checking in the directory, I cant find mine!

Can't find the sainsbury's marshmallows online, most appear to be 1 or 1.5syns each though!

I usually take a bag of wotsits (5.5) or Quavers (5) and a Dime Bar (7.5) and a diet coke - that way I feel like I'm having a proper treat and less likely to end up smacking out on popcorn when I get there! I usually don't have any other syns all day though so I know it seems a lot but we are allowed 15 so still within the limit x

It makes me chuckle to think of people sneaking food into the cinema! I work in one and we've never once stopped anyone taking their own snacks in - in fact, I tend to encourage it: "You've still got half an hour til your film, pop over to asda!" hehe :)

I tend to just not bother taking any snacks nowadays. Once the film has started, I don't really think about it, and it's just made me realise how I would mindlessly eat my way through empty calories for an hour and a half :(

Two Alpen Light bars (Healthy Choice) and a Diet Coke = syn free snacking.

There are heaps of really great suggestion on the slimming world website- they have a dedicated session with low syn options and stuff you can make/buy

Thanks all for the posts, am off to the cinema tonight. Will probably take a curly wurly ( 6 syns) or I may a get a small bag of pic and mix.
I don't have anything else this week that could slow my weight loss up

1 tube of sugar free polos is only 4 sins and should last for the whole movie.

Syn free "popcorn"

Hello,

I've just been making syn free meringue and thought it would work great as a popcorn replacement, so I made some more but dolloped them on the baking sheet in roughly teaspoon measures. Baked them at 180 for 7 or 8 minutes until brown and crispy. They were delicious, my two year old and I have just polished off the lot. I'll definately be taking a bag of them on my next cinema visit! x

I just got back from cinema and I am very proud of myself :D I took a lot of good stuff like strawberries, nectarines and grapes. Also had some Walkers fries (4 syns) and fun size crunchie (4 syns) and jelly sweets (1.5 syns) but in the end I just had all my fruit, crisps and jelly sweets! My husband was laughing at me when I started to taking all those little boxes out of my handbag, but I was determined not to give in.
I wasn't even tempted by the big box of popcorn and chocolate mixed in (my favourite) which my OH was scuffing right beside me :):angel09:

Nice one! I do crave pick n mix tho :-( but the homemade syn free jelly sweets are a good idea. MMMMMMM chocolate popcorn sigh......maybe we could get away with it if we went to the cinema straight after WI, you know, like some go to the takeaway? lol xx

furrysmudge said:
Nice one! I do crave pick n mix tho :-( but the homemade syn free jelly sweets are a good idea. MMMMMMM chocolate popcorn sigh......maybe we could get away with it if we went to the cinema straight after WI, you know, like some go to the takeaway? lol xx

How do u make jelly sweets?? I hate jelly the texture for me is awful lol but love jelly sweets!! Thanks

Back