CinnamonCandy's Diary

CinnamonCandy

If you bite it, write it
Hi everyone,
Not really sure where to start I am quite new to forums and brand new to Slimming World.
To be honest I am not sure that anyone else will want to read about my slimming life, but I thought
that by starting a diary I might be able to keep myself motivated and if along the way I can help anyone else then it will of all been worth it.

I haven't always been overweight in fact I was a skinny till my 40's then after having a hysterectomy and also giving up smoking the weight started to go on and soon I found myself well over 11 stone.
I know there are a lot of people much heavier than me, my sister and my mum have always been very large ladies, but as I am only just about 5 feet tall any extra weight looks pretty bad and feels even worse, especially as I have osteoarthritis in my knees. I did WW for a while and got to my target weight, but it all slowly crept back on, you can only stick with cardboard meals for just so long:sigh: I have also tried the Dukan Diet and to be honest this really worked for me, but was very expensive. My DH was also on Dukan with me and he also lost loads of weight but we just couldn't cope with the cost. So have gained most of my weight back again I started looking at other ways
to get my weight under control, but I really wanted to eat real food I couldn't face cutting out fruit anymore.

Then I saw the Slimming World booklets in the Daily Mail and had a read and thought this could be the eating plan for me, real food and it didn't look like I was going to have to starve myself or spend hours in a gym. I decided that I needed the commitment of a group for the motivation and so I joined a Slimming World group last Monday (4th June) Diamond Jubilee Day - of course went straight from group to a jubilee party:rolleyes: so didn't get really started until the following day.

So here we are a week later, had my first weigh in last night and was very pleased to find that I have already lost 2 1/2 Lbs

Well that's me for now, really hoping to be able to report many more bits of good news along the way. Please feel free to leave me comments or advice and especially if you can see I am wandering off the track and in danger of slipping back down the slippery slope.

Thanks for dropping by:thankyou:

Thank you for the welcome Val72 I see you are going on a cruise:) that is one of my all time goals, when are you going?

I have had such a great week this week (hope it shows on the scales) I am really enjoying SW it is such a novelty to be able to eat fruit and potato or rice, things that all the other diets seem to ban even DH is enjoying his packed lunches which makes sticking with the plan a lot easier. I have also noticed that this week (my second week on plan) I have felt more confident when shopping without having to look up every little thing in my books.

It is Fathers day on Sunday so I now need to go and have a look at some recipes to see what yummy things I can make that wont be too many syns especially as it's my weigh in day on Monday

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend 'Happy Friday':greenapple::greenapple:

Hi cinnamoncandy :wavey:
If you like the dukan diet you might like the original plan over extra easy as you can eat lots of lean meats and veg and fruit, low fat yoghurts and measured amounts of milk+cheese/ bread and pasta. It's higher protein, lower carb but not nearly as restrictive as dukan diet. Have a read about it in your book. It might be just the thing for you :)

Thank you Laura, I do like my meat :) I will certainly have a better look at the other plans.

Had a good weekend, stayed on plan 100% as far as I can tell even with having a meal out on Saturday. Had lots of exercise with dog training on Saturday and then gardening on Sunday plus walking the dog every day so I feel that I have also been good with the body magic this week. Mondays are weigh in day for me so I am being extra careful, my sister is doing the plan with me so we are having fun keeping each other on track. Really hoping for another couple of pounds this week :cross:

:confused: Weigh In did not go to plan I only lost 1/2lb...........I know it is still a loss and I guess I should be happy but I am still disappointed actually its more confused. I am sure I stuck to the plan, I didn't go over on my syns my consultant looked over my food diary and thinks maybe I am not actually eating enough SF foods with each meal. I guess I will just have to try harder this week. I do find breakfast is my most challenging meal for getting my 1/3 of a plate of SF unless I have fruit with yoghurt I don't have the time or appetite to want to cook before work and I am not that over excited about bran or weetabix I will have to do some investigation into other options.

I did buy a couple of cookbooks at the meeting last night so I am going to be doing lots of shopping over the next few days hunting down all the spices and herbs I need, quite exciting really as I think we can all get stuck in a loop of having the same meals every week especially when your so busy working you tend to buy the same things every shop. I am quite lucky really with my DH he is enjoying the change in meals and doesn't mind having all SW dinners.

Well I guess I should get some work done, I am going to try out Zumba on the Xbox tonight so wish me luck

Hi Cinnamon!I'm subscribing as you are at my ideal weight!! Don't be disheartened with your loss, a loss is still a loss! I always think "well I didn't lose anything when I didn't eat crap, so Im just gonna eat crap anyay!!" You might find you have a great loss next week! Good luck!

Hi cinammoncandy! I wouldn't worry too much about 'only' losing 0.5lb. If you only lost 0.5lb every week it would still put you at target in 1 years time. I'm sure you'll show some bigger losses soon though and get to target faster. Quite probably, in the swap over from Dukan to SW it will take a little bit for your body to get used to new way of eating (assuming you have gone straight from Dukan to SW?) Besides, stick with it. It does work (although personally I find Red/Green days work better for me. EE didn't really work... but that's just me) :)

Hi Cinnamon!I'm subscribing as you are at my ideal weight!! Don't be disheartened with your loss, a loss is still a loss! I always think "well I didn't lose anything when I didn't eat crap, so Im just gonna eat crap anyay!!" You might find you have a great loss next week! Good luck!

Thank You for stopping by and you are more than likely right about next week, well here's hoping

Hi cinammoncandy! I wouldn't worry too much about 'only' losing 0.5lb. If you only lost 0.5lb every week it would still put you at target in 1 years time. I'm sure you'll show some bigger losses soon though and get to target faster. Quite probably, in the swap over from Dukan to SW it will take a little bit for your body to get used to new way of eating (assuming you have gone straight from Dukan to SW?) Besides, stick with it. It does work (although personally I find Red/Green days work better for me. EE didn't really work... but that's just me) :)

You are so right Laura I hadn't thought about the being at target in a year even on 1/2lbs:) that is a good way to stay motivated. I did have a little break between Dukan and SW but not for long as the weight went back on sooooo fast as soon as I started eating carbs even as fruit.

Thanks to my 1/2lb loss I did learn a really big SW lesson IF YOU EAT A DIFFERENT BRAND OF SOMETHING YOU SHOULD CHECK TO MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T HAVE ANY EXTRA SYNS - YES EVEN WHEN IT IS THE SAME FLAVOUR/SHAPE/SIZE
I went over my food diary again and had a :sign0007::ashamed0005: kind of moment, I had brought a different brand of yoghurt and it had SYNS so there was a couple of days of extra syns not counted and I also found out that the sachets of cappuccino
that we have at work ARE NOT 3.5 syns they are 5 :doh: so although I didn't put weight on I was in fact really really lucky to of had any loss at all, so the moral to this story is THE PLAN WORKS IF YOU STICK TO IT 100% I now have the SW app on my phone and will be using it hundreds of times a week:)

Thanks to my 1/2lb loss I did learn a really big SW lesson IF YOU EAT A DIFFERENT BRAND OF SOMETHING YOU SHOULD CHECK TO MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T HAVE ANY EXTRA SYNS - YES EVEN WHEN IT IS THE SAME FLAVOUR/SHAPE/SIZE
I went over my food diary again and had a :sign0007::ashamed0005: kind of moment, I had brought a different brand of yoghurt and it had SYNS so there was a couple of days of extra syns not counted and I also found out that the sachets of cappuccino
that we have at work ARE NOT 3.5 syns they are 5 :doh: so although I didn't put weight on I was in fact really really lucky to of had any loss at all, so the moral to this story is THE PLAN WORKS IF YOU STICK TO IT 100% I now have the SW app on my phone and will be using it hundreds of times a week:)
That's easy done, particularly in the beginning when you are just settling in. I'm sure you'll have a good loss next week. And remember- even if it is 'only' 0.5lb it's 0.5lb nearer to your goal. I am sometimes fed up thinking I wish I was losing faster/had bigger losses but then I have to remind myself I have lost 19lb over 18 weeks (so fractionally over 1lb per week) and that is a good, healthy rate of weight loss. So I have to give myself a good talking to every now and then! Your target is another 19lb (1st5) so if you lost at the same rate as me you could be at goal by October! :D

Well there is another week done, it was WI last night and I lost another 1lb so I am pretty pleased with that:) I have been weighing myself at home in the mornings and I know that I have lost more than that on my scales, but by the time I have eaten all day and then get weighed at 6pm there is bound to be a difference, so I am quite happy to just keep going. I would of course love to lose the big numbers that some other members get including my sister who lost 5lbs this week:clap:

Amazing considering we also had a family birthday on Friday we all got together for a curry night, my sister and I made all SW friendly food so we could enjoy ourselves which was a great success, we made a chicken curry in the slow cooker which was 4 syns but served 12 people so hardly worth counting, my sister made a vegetable curry syn free and we made vegetable pakoras, and bahjis and of course lots of rice all syn free on EE

On Saturday I made Diet Coke Chicken well actually I had to use pepsi max but it was really yummy and I will be making a lot more of that even my DH thought it was really good.

So all in all a pretty good week, I do know that I really need to make an effort to eat more SF I am struggling at lunch times, breakfast I am ok with fruit and yoghurt or fruit and cereal and dinners are always plenty of salad or veg, but lunch is proving to be awkward.

This is my dilemma - I normally finish at 1pm and go home for my lunch but I am doing extra hours at the moment working till 3pm and don't really get a lunch break I just eat at my desk while working, so even a salad is difficult because I can't sit down with a knife and fork, sometimes I am too hungry to wait till 3pm to eat my lunch or I eat at 3pm and then don't want my evening meal, so most lunches end up being a mug shot and a spoon :sigh: not a SF in sight. I have thought about making a sandwich with salad in, but to be honest I don't want to have bread at lunch as it makes me really sleepy and I need to concentrate. I guess I really need to find some finger foods that maybe also contain my veg..............or maybe I could make some veggie soup, I can get to a microwave for a couple of mins.........hhhmmmmmm ideas anyone

Yay another week and another 1lbs off :clap: I think I am finally getting into the swing of this, I have been extra careful to check on all the syn values this week and have increased my SF I feel far less stressed when trying to plan meals. I have even eaten out a couple of times and been quite happy to find something acceptable on the menu without freaking out...............what would the world be like without jacket potatoes :eek:

As you can see by my signature I am back in my nice jeans, very pleased about this they were new earlier in the year and were snug when I brought them but I told myself that I would not buy any more new clothes until I could fit in to them with room to spare, so it looks like I will be clearing out my wardrobe real soon :gimi:

Thanks for subscribing Chloe, I hope we can be motivating for each other :)

It's weigh in for me tonight, I am really hoping for about 2lbs this week, my scales in the morning say I have lost at least that much, but you can never tell by the time it gets to WI........we will see, I have been good over the week and I have reduced the amount of syns I have allowed myself each day. I am still finding the hardest thing for me is that I really like my coffees and mocha this is costing me way too many syns, each cappuccino is 3.5 - 5 syns depending on which one I have I have now starting having Options Belgium Chocolate in with a normal instant coffee to make a reasonable Mocha for just 2 syns this has improved my day and saved me loads of syns:) I really must find something else to drink, but you know how it can be when you really want something particular nothing else seems to hit the spot. I am at least also drinking loads of water so its not all bad. Oh well guess I had better get some work done and then do some extra body magic just to help the scales tonight.

Hi

Good luck with your weigh in - you seem to be doing really well and are really motivated so my fingers are crossed for you that it pays off on the scales. I like a chai tea at morning tea - it should be 4 syns, but I get it in a carton and only have 3 spoonfulls instead of 4, so only 3 syns, although that is prob not very useful as I cant remember ever seeing it in the UK - Doh!!! But I know what you mean, sometimes you need that certain something to hit the spot! Mind you if you are counting the syns and you are within your allowance, then why not!!!

Take Care

Val

PS its a 12 night criuse from Sydney going to Fiji, Vanuatu and New Caledonia - my first cruise and am really looking forward to it - only 14 months to go....

PS its a 12 night criuse from Sydney going to Fiji, Vanuatu and New Caledonia - my first cruise and am really looking forward to it - only 14 months to go....

OMG Val I am sooooo jelous:jelous: you lucky thing I will eventually get a cruise but the wait is killing me..........

On a positive note, I lost TWO pounds at WI last night I am over the moon:wee: that gave me my 1/2 stone award.
So motivation for this week is not a problem, I am fired up and ready to cook:) I have brought a couple more of the recipe books and so I am planning on trying some new meals to keep it exciting. I think on the drinks front I am now quite happy to make a Mocha with instant coffee and Belgium Chocolate Options and just lose the 2 syns it tastes good and its satisfying the need for chocolate taste at the same time so its all good.

I have noticed that apart from getting into my nice jeans and having other clothes fit much better, I am also starting to see improvements in things like my fingernails and my hair, my skin looks fantastic (for my age) all this fruit and veg and of course the water is doing me the power of good.

Right I am off to do some work then out to do more shopping, that seems to be the only down side to SW I have to shop so much more for the fresh fruit and veg, still it gives me the opportunity to increase my body magic :D

I am having a pretty good week food wise so far, but today I am feeling bloated and for the first time I am really really nervous that I will not see any weight loss by Mondays WI. I know this is silly especially as I have a whole weekend to make sure I get my eating right so I wonder why am I feeling this way?

I have all my meals planned for the weekend and no major parties or events to go to so I am just going to be extra careful and hope this feeling goes away...............I wonder if Friday the 13th has anything to do with it LOL:confused:

Well the feeling did go away because I lost another pound this week :) not an amazing amount when everyone else at group are losing 3's and 4's but I guess slow and steady will still get me to my target weight, I have 1 stone left to lose so 14 weeks maximum. So I am feeling pretty confident heading into the week no major events planned.

Got up really early today and put a beef casserole in my slow cooker, I have a busy day and a lot of driving to do so I knew that I would not feel like cooking by tonight so instead of just grabbing anything and everything in the fridge I decided to be a good girl and plan so feeling rather pleased with myself.

Thought I might start adding a few photos of some of my meals, maybe then when I can't make up my mind what to have for dinner it will give me some extra motivation so here is what I had for dinner last night.
Caramelised Onion Filo Pastry Tart with Tomato and Mozzarella Cheese 7 1/2 syns for the whole thing or 3 1/2 syns
+ HEX A on EE
Filo Tart.jpg

Back