Claire Nasir

I do think it's good to see that someone has transformed her body shape so completely with diet and exercise, but I just wish they'd gone about those initial shots in a bit more of an honest way.

I guess she can't complain too much, those photos secured her a column in a magazine to follow her progress, and a dvd deal!!

All the magazines are full of celeb diet stories this week. I had to laugh though, the 'before' shots are great. They stand with sad faces, slouching, belly out, no tan, big pants looking miserable. Then in the after shots, standing all smiles, standing up straight, fake tan on, nice bikini/outfit, all made up to the 9s.... they probably 'lose a stone' just with the different stance etc.

What really annoys me in papers and magazines is when they just guess weights. Kelly Brook is the same height as me, and in one magazine they said she weighed 7.5 stone - well that would give her a BMI well below healthy, and I think it's obvious she's got a healthy figure. In the same magazine they also said Victoria Beckham was the same weight, and gave her height as 2 inches shorter - No wonder girls grow up with skewed ideas about what's a healthy weight!!

It's bloody irresponsible isn't it?

A lot of 'fat' people may actually be either heavier or lighter than most people would guess.

Personally people tend to guess my weight at about 3 or 4 stone less than I actually am! I wish..LOL And that's not me being in denial but when I see photos in mags and such with women my height and weight they do tend to look a lot larger. Likewise people look my size and can be a lot lot lighter.

This is why even at my target weight I will still be counted as obese but I will be happy with how I look! And if when I get there I'm not happy then I will drop some more. I think it should be judged on how you look and feel and NOT on how much you weigh or what your BMI says! (Which btw I think is a pile of poo anyway!)

RE Nadia - anyone else notice that her mole / birthmark on her leg in the 'before' pic has gone in the new 'slimline' one?!

And defo defo that was an opportunity for Claire. You would NEVER exercise in that - let alone in public. altho she does look good now and is prob rubbing her hands together with glee at the money rolling in from the DVD sales hey!

So, if the bright yellow/ green bikini was good for her when she was bigger, why is she wearing t-shirts and leggings now she's a size 6/8/10/whatever they have decided today!

Back