ClaireCat: trials and tribulations

Morning Claire, good day yesterday?

Ok, so I've decided to try "The Cheat to Lose Diet".

The first week is very much like Atkins, but with less fat. So day 1 today.

I've taken all my measurements and done my wi. My weight-ins will be every Saturday morning, and I'll take all my measurements every week, or maybe just once a month. Not sure yet.

Anyway, here's my stats - hopefully its the last time they'll be this high.

Weight: 212.7lbs

Bust: 41"
Waist: 38"
Hips: 45"
Arms: 14"
Thighs: 26.5"
Calf: 19"

Here goes nothing.

I hope it goes well Claire! Keep posting your thoughts and menus! :)

Morning Claire, keep us posted love. :)

Morning people! I have to say, day two and its not too bad. I have to eat 5 times a day, and remembering to do that is a bit difficult actually! lol!

Todays menu

B: coupld of bits of chicken dipped in mayo
S: chicken, celery, mayo
L: Pork stir fry
S: chicken, celery, mayo
D: Pork foo-yung with some salad

Feeling very atkins like, but with alot less fat than I was having before. Keeping track of my calories etc on myfitnesspal for no other reason except shere curiosity!

Not drinking any fizzy juice either - I read that diet soda makes my stomach bigger because it bloats it, so makes me want to eat more! Not having that! lol!

Its to do with not letting your body get used to a certain way of eating (i think! lol!).

I'm low carb all this week, next week I'm low GI, then the following week im high GI. After my first 3 weeks, I get a "cheat day" on the sunday, where I can eat anything I fancy! Obviously not gorge myself to death in it, but, if I fancy a curry and a nann, then I should have it!

After my initial 3 weeks I go onto 2 days low carb, 2 low gi, 2 high gi and then a cheat day.

I think my problem is my body realizes im low carbing and doesnt want to play, so I'm hoping that by mixing my week up a bit that'll help.

Plus it means that 2 days a week I could have a slice of bread, or a bowl of cereal, and some fruit. I get stuck for ideas when im fully low carbing - I find myself sick to death of looking at green veg, chicken and butter! lol!

ooh this sounds very interesting. must keep us informed :D

I will do! I've just sent the bloke to get me some low carb protein powder from holland and barrett. Apparently I can have that instead of a snack when I'm on the go.

Bet its awful!!!

Either, Vanilla, Chocolate or Cookies and Cream.

I told him to surprise me! Couldnt cope with banana or strawberry! lol!

mm choc will be nice i hope :D

I'll certainly report back later. Its holland and barretts own whey protein powder or something - 1.9carbs per drink I think.

Hi Claire. Watching with interest:)

Hehe! I should change diet more often - I feel quite popular! :D

I heard of this way of eating yonks ago! I think it suits some people very well...

Good luck with it Claire... It certainly keeps up the variety! :)

It does sound interesting, though I would worry about putting on glycogen as I seem to be permanently in ketosis these days.

Back