ClaireCat: trials and tribulations

afternoon.
nice surprise for you then reading that label.
have fun at the inkers.
i'm out tonight to see Elvis impersonator.:D

Morning Claire, good weekend?

Utter rubbish. From Friday at about 3.30pm til midnight last night I ate everyones share of everything I could get my grubby little hands on. Between what I put on last weekend and now this weekend, I'm about a stone heavier than my posted weight.

So I'm barred from everything. No protein, no nothing. Not sure if I'm going to even have the veg.

I'm getting my second tattoo sitting on my cover up this Saturday, so I physically need to have something to eat, BUT, my sitting is at 2pm, so I'm going to make myself some quorn and grilled veg before it and that will keep me firmly on plan.

Honestly, I'm so disgusted in myself. Feel the size of a house and I cant go on like this. Dont know whats wrong with me. I seem to think its ok to have a "cheat" day on a Saturday, which its not. More so because I try to eat absolutely everything I can on the one day. But its spilling out into my entire weekend aswell, so I cant go on like this.

If I really feel like I need to "treat" myself to food, then the only thing I'm ever going to contemplate eating is pure protein if I need to have a takeaway. So I'm talking, chicken tikka or something similar. No nothing else. Not a thing.

I know thats still a cheat, but, if I fall off the wagon, its better to fall into that than into anything else.

April, I'm going to lose a stone. No more fannying about.

Hi Claire, sorry you had such a bad weekend weight wise :(
Sounds like you've given yourself a good pep talk though so just drag yourself back on to the wagon! I'm joining you this week in the crap WI club :(
So this week: 100% on plan. If you need a treat get a new nail polish, jewellery etc just NOT food. Guzzle down the water. You will be rewarded next week :D

Hi honey

I do the same thing, go really silly at the weekends - for me, I think it's about being able to relax, so it's time for treats - an old and ingrained habit!

Don't be too hard on yourself, hun, just focus on what you think might help you - anyone else got ideas for how we can avoid rewarding ourselves with food?

I think it does take a while to get out of the mindset of having food as a comfort and as a reward and also the habits like munching at the cinema etc. Try to have a few low cost non food rewards lined up. Sometimes you don't even need to buy anything - I often look on ebay for something inexpensive either clothes in the next size down or jewellery etc. Just looking and imagining wearing it is often enough to distract from the food and if you do buy then you have extra motivation built into the reward :)

I really don't know what the answer is, sometimes I do exactly the same thing for no apparent reason and it is hugely frustrating. Sending you hugs Claire :hug99: xx

such self distruction..why oh why do we do it.
:brainfart: is the only explanation i have.

I just need to remember I'm not a dog. I dont reward myself with food.

Morning clare - my recommended reward is massages and clothes - i'm good at spnding money on both:D

Morning Claire... I know exactly how you feel... Just by sheer luck when I go on a raving binge at the moment I just stuff myself with Atkins foods - end up feeling so uncomfortable and sick - but it does help to scratch the itch... Not sure what the answer is - not sure if skinny folk have it or whether we're wired a bit different... But it's frogging annoying and keeps reminding me that I'm still a fat head!

Hope you don't beat yourself up too much as just look where you've come and what you've achieved... Size 14 is fantastic!!! And that hour-glass figure of yours is to die for!!! Hugs xxx

Morning. Well, I've been hiding under a pile of carbs for the last week there. Still trying to climb out of it today.

I honestly dont even know where the wagon is at the moment, but I'm hoping I find it at some point over the weekend, or Monday morning at the latest. Feel like I've put on over a stone of what I had originally lost and I'm feeling like a big fat grubber. Going for drinks with my friends today, so I wont even pretend to start dieting today. My OH is off all weekend, which is unusual for him, so I dont know if I'll manage to locate the wagon over the weekend. But I really have to do something before the couch gives way under my fat arse.

Think I might re-join the gym and start swimming again. I mean, I stopped for pure vanity reasons - my purple hair dye got ruined. I bought a head condom hat thingy, but couldnt quite bring myself to wear it, so I just gave in. Dyed my hair back to black yesterday tho, so I dont have any excuse not to now to be honest.

I've had a life changing moment this last week and I've decided I have to start to look slightly more sensible because I want a new job in a chartered accountants so I can do my professional qualifications. Signed myself up for my first accountancy paper yesterday, so I've got 5 lectures to go to at the end of next month before I can sit the exam. If I pass, its only another 13 papers to go! Haha! But I can only sit the first 3 without having relevant employment. So i'm on a mission to find a new job.

Anyway, yeah, the wagon. I will look for it. I promise.

Don't worry about it this weekend, it will be back round on Tuesday, honest, just grab hold xxxxx

And well done on the new work strategy, good luck on the hunt xxxx

Hi sweetie - as the others say, you'll get back on target.

And it sounds like you've got a lot of good plans in action - the work thing sounds great!

Oh Claire! Great to have you back here... And fantastic news on that life changing moment!! Sounds like a burst of new life and renewed focus!! Well done!

You know you can do it as you've already proved it! Give that head of yours a spring clean and twist it back on so it's pointing in the right direction and then just DO IT! Xxx

Keep posting, and if you're doing Atkins then repeat after me "clean and green" xxxx

Back