ClaireL second chance diary

Saturday,I love Saturdays!!

Today we get a puppy, she is coming from an animal home in Slovakia, she had been abandoned on the side of a road with her 6 brothers and sisters - so it's just waiting around to get a call to say they are on their way.

Am doing extra easy today after a couple of red days - feeling a bit overdone on meat!!

Breakfast - toast with banana (HEB)

Lunch- sort of a plough mans platter stylee thing- ham, cottage cheese, egg, tomatoes, cucumber, radish, pickled onion and 1 baby bel cheese (put 2on plate but only are 1- so just 2 syns or could be part HEA as I never have full allowance in milk)

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1399113130.701864.jpg

Scrum my and I am totally full

Dinner last night was a pasta and veg bake 6 syns for cheese

Today is extra easy again

Had poached eggs and toast HEB for breakfast

Not sure about lunch thinking mushroom soup

Sunday roast for dinner - 2 syns for gravy . 6 syns for glass of wine

I think we have the same garden furniture!! Does you table double in size? It certainly looks like it tipped down!

Did the puppy arrive? Pics please!!!!

Happy Sunday!

PS I went out for two meals this weekend!
Michelin star restaurant on Friday and the one on Saturday is in line for one too. Heaven!!!

Hi Jane sounds like you have had a great time - what did you eat and was it as good as you expected??

Our garden table is quite big - seats 8 but you can't change the size- bought it over here from some garden centre sort of place.

Well this pup has kept me busy - it's like having a toddler- everything in the house is now moved high out of puppy teeth range - steep learning curve for us haha!

On the plus side I haven't had much time to snack so I have been pretty well keeping to plan had really juicy burgers with chips and coleslaw last night - all SW style

Will be making more of an effort to come on minis and update my diary now especially as we have more of a routine with the puppy

Have some cubed pork shoulder so am thinking of goulash and rice for dinner

Back later

Sounds like the puppy is keeping you busy!!!!

The restaurants were both fantastic. On the Friday, we had the taster menu (I had four courses - salmon, scallops, roast beef and then cheese. All beautifully prepared and titchy portions but each course matched with a huge goblet of wine!!

Saturday, I had salmon then tomato and basil with a mozzarella foam:

image-2185133812.jpg

Then sea bass

image-1551009213.jpg

And more wine! This was even better than Friday and is fifteen minutes walk from my house. Great views too!

Best thing is that I stuck to plan the rest of the week and still managed to lose a pound! And I lost four last week :)

Drool drool the food sounds and looks great!!

So lucky living close to such fab restaurants. Hey Jane - how did you get on with your allergies - did they find out what you can / can't have??

Well I had pork goulash with rice. Very nice but I think I overdid the hot paprika - it was a little bit spicy for youngest son so he made himself an omelette!! (supervised of course)

Here's the goulash

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1399484436.852840.jpg

Extra easy today

Breakfast- banana, boiled egg

Lunch- ham baby bel light cheese x1 (part HEA)and SW coleslaw 1 syn in a whole wheat bread roll HEB

Dinner- chicken and pesto pasta 3.5 syns

Well it's been a busy weekend and I was not 100% yesterday by any means due mainly to beer !! Tok the dog for her first 'long' walk, ended up at a little hutte, with a big bowl of water for pup large beer for myself and OH as reward!! Got home and had a couple more then sort of started picking at bits and bobs that are in no way SW friendly.

Ah well that was yesterday and today is a different day- so far good

Breakfast: mushrooms on 1 slice toasted whole wheat bread

Lunch: ham and cheese on second slice of whole wheat bread ( used both HEA and HEB) with cherry tomatoes, cucumber and picked onion

Dinner: SW keema curry with rice

Bit better today. Extra easy again

Breakfast- mushrooms on toast 2 syns for Lurpak lighter

Lunch- rice, prawns, cucumber, peppers

Dinner- chicken chili with more rice! Jalapeño peppers, spring onion, sour cream 2 syns, cheese HEA very yum

Longish walk with the puppy- this is a mini break during the walk!!

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1399920805.712366.jpg

He he Jane - I'm still here. And trying hard but just don't seem to have the time / motivation to write it all down . Eldest son graduates from school next week and puppy power is eating up all my spare time!! Will be back on the boards as soon as I can though

Back