Sunday so far

Breakfast
2xwholemeal toast, 2xscrambled egg, half tin of beens
Lurpak (3syns)

Lunch
Muller light
Alpen light (3syns)

DINNER
3x egg omelette with wafer thin ham and tomato.
Apple

Not a good day for food today. I left two Sainsburys low syn sausages out overnight to defrost and the bloody cat ate them. Then I left the hubby to cook the Sunday dinner and he didn't take the fat off the shoulder of pork, so because it's cooked in its own fat juices the syn value is gonna be loads! Then he goes and puts loads of oil for the roast spuds! Looks like I'm gonna be having an omelette while they have a nice Sunday lunch!

Last edited:
MONDAY

Really rubbish day again today. Missed lunch again, I'm slipping into old habits already! I need to start eating my 3 meals a day again otherwise I'll start binging. Weigh in day today 1.5lb lost. I hoped for more but at least it's a loss. Total 5lb lost in two weeks isn't bad. I didn't start the 30 day shred as I just didn't have any motivation. I managed to exercise for 30 mins though. I've been doing the Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk which is on you tube. Tomorrow is a new day and a fresh kick up my bum to eat properly.

Breakfast
2xweetabix (HEB)
Milk (HEA)

Lunch
Missed

Dinner
2 bowls of stew- same recipe as last week minus the flour

snack
Hi if bar (3 syns)
Apple

Plan for tomorrow - plenty of fruit and veg - 3 full meals- 30 day shred.

tuesday so far

Breakfast
2 x poached eggs
Mushrooms
Tomato

LUNCH- late
Left over stew and muller light yogurt

Dinner -will be
Pork chop- green beens- carrots- parsnip- sweet corn

I attempted the 30 day shred, no its not for me yet, I was knackered after 10 minute so reverted back to the Leslie Sansone walk and upped it to the 3 mile work out.

Hi There :)
I'm subscribing to your thread I'm new to SW starting group this Thursday. I really like your diary great ideas x

Hi welcome to my diary Irish eyes. I hope I can be of some inspiration to you. Good luck on SW I'm finding it a lot easier than I thought. I'm never hungry and don't appear to have any cravings yet. EE is so good for cooking for the whole family.

UPDATE ON TUESDAY

Hubby cooked the tea, so it wasn't as planned- tinned veg instead of fresh but at least there was some fee food still in there. I made him cut off the fat of the pork chop before cooking it to. Everyone is having pancakes smothered in chocolate and I've managed to resist but they smell soooo good!

DINNER
Pork chop, fat removed, tinned carrots, tinned sweet corn and Ainsley Harriet cous cous (3 1/2syns)

HEB 2 hifi bars

I bought the HiFi bars on Monday, I thought I'd give them a try and was expecting them to taste like cardboard! I chose the ones with the marshmallows and they are delicious! They're only small but great for that sweet little treat.

I don't know how to work out my syns properly for the cous cous. On the website it say's it's 3 1/2 syns for 100gram packet. I had it made up with water which came upto 100g ( not the whole pack). I think I'll keep it at the 3 1/2 even though I know it will be lower as I have to have a very low syn week this week. The hubby is taking me to our fav Indian on Thursday for valentines. God knows how I'm gonna count the syns so I've decided I'm not gonna even try. I'm going to be really good all week, make sure i exercise daily and have a night off hoping that it doesn't cause to much damage to weigh in on Monday. I'm determined to loose these pounds so my clothes fit me comfortably again.

Wednesday

Breakfast
Muller light yogurt

Lunch
Remains of the left over stew

DINNER
Chinese style pork chow mien- stir fry pork marinated in 1tbsp honey ( 2 1/2 syns %4 )2tbsp dark soy sauce, dried chilli flakes and garlic- mushrooms, peppers, onions, green beans, 1tsp corn flour (1syn %4)

Snacks
Apple, banana

HEA
Skimmed milky coffee

HEB
2x hifi bars

Total syns just under 1 (trying to save as many as possible for the curry night tomorrow with the hubby)

Exercise 45 mins Leslie Sansone

I woke up with achy arms and shoulders today. I think it's from attempting to do the 30 day shred yesterday for all of 10 mins. Wow I must be really unfit, I think if I would have finished it I'd be in some pain today ha ha. I really hate exercise but I have to say that I enjoy the Leslie Sansone workouts. For someone who is unfit they're not to gruelling which normally puts me off.

I spent the afternoon trying to organise my wardrobe and drawers. I threw loads of clothes away because they no longer fit me. I must have tried on about 6/7 pairs of jeans that wouldn't go past my hips! I've kept one pair of jeans that I really like but are to tight a the mo. So my goal is to get back into them comfortably for the summer.

Friday

Well I'm back after a day off plan. The curry night was fab but I'm feeling it today. My body must have go used to healthy eating as I got so bloated last night that I looked pregnant. It was quite painful! I was still feeling quite bloated today so haven't really eaten properly and couldn't face jumping around the Leslie sansone. I took a walk to Asda instead which is roughly a 2 mile round trip. It was a good idea at the time but not so good on the way home trying to carry a bag of tins.

Breakfast
2xwholemeal toast, garlic and herb Philadelphia (3 syns)

Snack
Mullerlight yogurt

Lunch
Missed

Dinner
Mexican chicken stew with quinoa and beans and corn on the cob. Pinched the recipient from the good food website it was lovely

2x peppers, 1xonion, mushrooms, 2x tbsp chipolte paste( need to figure out the syns for this) 2xtinned tomatoes, 4xchicken breast. Soften the veg. Stir in he chipolte and tomatoes. Cook the chicken in the sauce. When cooked remove from sauce, shred and put back in sauce for 5 mins before serving,

Quinoa, chicken stock, pinto beans, squeeze of lemon juice

The stew fed 4 of us with a portion left over for lunch tomorrow. The quinoa made a nice change from rice, pasta or potatoes.

Saturday

Breakfast
2xwholemeal toast ((HEB) lurpak (3syns), 2x be good to yourself Cumberland sausages (1syn) 2x scrambled egg

Lunch
Left over Mexican stew from yesterday, tastes even nicer the day after

Dinner
Mushy pea curry (pinched the recipe from Pete on the forum) chicken, sw chips, white rice

No exercise today

Forgot to add my HEA which is skimmed milk used for coffee.

Going to treat myself the a cadburys brunch bar (7.5 syns)

Sunday

Breakfast
2xwholemeal toast (HEB), lurpak (3syns)

Lunch
Alpen light (3 syns) wafer thin ham

Dinner
Rump steak (fat removed), salad, fat free salad dressing. Homemade peppercorn sauce. 75g light Philadelphia (HEA), crushed peppercorns, beef stock. Sauce shared with hubby so will class as half of HEA. The rest of HEA used in coffee.

Snack
Banana
Muller light

Total syns 6

Monday

Breakfast
2xweetabix (HEB), milk (HEA), banana

Snack
Banana

Lunch
3xegg omelette with ham and mushroom, salad and fat free dressing

Dinner
Will be homemade spaghetti bolognaise.
Extra lean mince, tin tomatoes, tomato purée, onion, mushroom, carrots, red lentils, mixed herbs, beef stock, dash of Worcester sauce, pasta

Weigh in tonight. Dreading it after Thursdays blow out. As long as I've maintained I'll be happy, just don't want to have put my 5lb back on or my hard work will have been for nothing. Had a couple of walks this week including a long walk around the local park yesterday. Plus I had an hour and half of bouncing about at a concert last night so hopefully Thursday didn't cause to much damage. Will be back on later to update my weight.

Just updating today, weigh in not as bad as I thought. I maintained but would have preferred a loss

Update on snack

Alpen light 3 syns
Banana
Strawberries.

Think I'm gonna have a look back over week one diary and see what I can achieve for the next week.

Tuesday

Breakfast
2x scrambled egg, mushrooms, wafer thin ham, half tin of baked beans

Lunch
Left over bolognaise from last night- EL mince, onion, pepper, mushroom, tin toms, Tom purée, red lentils.

Dinner
Turkey, broccoli, wholewheat noodles, chilli, onion, soy sauce, garlic.

Snack
2 hifi bars (HEB)
Strawberries
3 white chocolate white mice (4.5 syns)
Skinny latte (HEA)

45 mins Leslie sansone exercise

Don't rate wholemeal noodles I won't be buying them again, I prefer normal egg noodles.

Wasn't sure whether to syn the latte or not. It was a small skinny latte from costa coffee but seeing as I've had no milk today I thought I'd use the milk as my (HEA), I hope this is allowed, I cant see why not.

Went to the pictures with the kids today. To stop temptation of cheesy nachos i took the kids to the pound shop beforehand and let them get their treats from there. The extra bonus was that it was much cheaper than buying from the cinema!

Just to update from yesterday. Ended up going over my syns last night. I couldn't sleep and was up very late also the munches came along.

3x crackerbread (3syns)
Garlic and herb Philadelphia (2 syns)
Hifi bar (3syns)
5 x uncle joes mint balls (7.5 syns)

I wouldn't mind but I wasn't even hungry, I just wanted to eat. It would have been worse if I had crisps mad savoury snacks in the house as these are my downfall. After maintain last week I want to at least loose 2lb this week so I need to stay focused! I'm going to go shopping today and buy loads of fruit and veg again I need to concentrate on my SF food

Wednesday

Breakfast
2 xweetabix, milk (HEA+B)

Lunch
Mullerlight
Banana

Dinner
Gammon steak (most of fat removed but allowing 2 syns for the bits i couldnt get off) roast sweet potato, broccoli, carrots, sweetcorn.

Snacks
Orange
Few raspberries
Hi fi bar (3 syns)
Wafer thin ham

Total syns so far 5

45 mins Leslie sansone

I'm getting a bit addicted to those hi fi bars!

Thursday

breakfast
2 xbreakfast mushrooms grilled, half tin of beans, 1x wholemeal toast (half HEB) lurpak (2 syns), few raspberries

lunch
apple, bananna, raspberries, strawberry mullerlight
3 x crackerbread, 50g philadelphia light (4syns)

dinner
homemade leek and potato soup, 1 1/2 pork loin chop grilled (fat removed prior to cooking to stop temptation of eating it afterward, its my fave bit when its crispy!)
1 xwholemeal bread (HEB), lurpak (2syns)

Will have a milky coffee later for my HEA, no doubt i'll have a hifi bar (3syns)

total syns 14

45 mins leslie sansone

Friday

Breakfast
Apple, banana, raspberries, muller light yogurt

Lunch
Homemade leek and potato soup, wafer thin ham

Dinner
Sw sticky chicken (3syns), egg fried whole meal rice, broccoli, carrots

HEA milk in coffee
HEB 2 alpen light bars

Snack
Kit kat finger

Total syns 6

Made the sw sticky chicken for the 1st time tonight. Oh my days it was lovely I could have eaten the whole lot to myself. I've added and extra syn to the recipe, although I was careful to stick with the recipe I think I could have added at bit more honey than what it says as its so messy! I let the sauce reduce down and but not disappear and poured the remainder over my rice. This is definitely going on my weekly menu.

No exercise today I've had a lazy day and was glued to the tv for 2 hours watching the bail verdict for Oscar.

I fancied a bit of chocolate after tea so I thought id have a dark chocolate kit kat for a treat. I only ended up having half as I found it so sweet. It's amazing how quickly my taste buds have changed.

Last edited:
Saturday edited and updated from earlier

Well it's bloody freezing here. No snow yet thank goodness! Plan for today is to do 45 mins exercise (gonna try a different YouTube video to shake it up a bit). Then nip to Asda to get ingredients and veg for tonight's dinner (going to attempt pulled pork). Then if the weather holds I might take a walk to our local shopping precinct for a bit of retail therapy. It's a good 30min walk each way. Made the mistake of weighing myself each day this week and its looking like I've not lost again! I'm going to throw the battery out so I can't weigh myself again. I'm getting obsessed and disheartened!

Breakfast
Apple, banana, mullerlight

Lunch
Homemade leek and potato soup

Dinner
SW pulled pork, savoy cabbage, carrots and sweet corn

HEA will be milk in coffee
HEB 1alpen light-1 hi fi bar ( hope mixing HEB like this allowed)

Snack
Sliced turkey breast

I'm going to add 2 syns to allow for fat that I didn't get off the pork.

Total syns 2

Really low syns today. Think I need more but I feel very full!

Last edited:
Back