Class v Going solo?

Sarahh

I have been a massive fan of SW for several years now but now find myself weighing the heaviest I have ever been. I joined class a couple of weeks ago and learned about EE plan. I actually put weight on the following week and havent been back to class.

I must have paid SW thousands of pounds over the past 11 years and wondered if I should try to stick to the plan before going back to class again. I have just taken voluntary redundancy and am able to walk and swim more, as well as do more gardening. Unfortunately though, I do have a lot of social events coming up.

What do you think? Anyone had any success going solo on the plan and weighing themselves at home?

I really need the discipline of going to class, and I need to stay to body magic too or it doesn't work. I tend if I'm not going, to do the old, oh it doesn't matter for this once scenario, and then I'm off down the rocky road again. Class helps to keep me in the zone, but it's horses for courses.

Hiya,

I started the sw plan at the beginning of the year - i managed to lose approx 3 stone on my own - but then i went to class.. I was completely motivated in the beginning and got along fine on my own - bought some decent scales and weighed in once a week as you normally would at class. But i hit a bit of a plateau and also got a little complacent with what i was doing so i joined group to get myself refocused!!

It has done the trick for me - since being back at group and going from the basics again i have got back on the losing path and now in total have lost over 4 stone so i'm really happy.

It is an individual thing - at first i was ok going it alone but then i needed some support and encouragement to get this final bit off.

One thing i use to do was keep a food diary - just a little note book that could go in my handbag and write everything down - this way i didn't lose the plot..

Good luck on your journey!!

K xx

I have done better at home than going to class. I didn't enjoy class and took the decision to stop going and join up online. I feel I am taking control for my weight loss and wouldn't go back to class. It really is a personal thing though and the only advise I can give, is to give both a go and see which suits you best.

I am doing it at home too (and not as an onliner) and I was worried how I would get on as the SW diet is quite difficult to get into at first I found....but I needn't have worried I have found so much encouragement and support on this forum that is has inspired to me keep going, and the diet is getting easier to follow each day now, thank's to you all for your help and inspiration.

I joined group and lost 3 and half stones. I left and gained it all and more. I re-joined last april and lost 4 and half stones. I had to leave for personal reasons three months ago and I gained 9lb. I re-joined a group again last night and I can already feel everything slortting back into place and have positive vibes running through me again!!! For me, i need to go to group. I can't do it on my own (and that is extremely frustrating!!!). But I do know people who can do it alone and have done really well. So I am just confirming what the others have said really. It all depends on yourself.

Just to add another note though... With the extra easy plan, I know poeple who have had major losses on it but there are also a few people who have also gained whilst following it. Maybe that plan just wasn't for you and you need to do the more traditional way of red or green days. I honestly can't get my head round that plan so stick mainly to green days. Hope you figure out what to do xxx

i think it all depends on the person as others have said. being fairly new to sw all i can say is i have tried many many diets in the past all unsucessfully but for the first time in my life i feel that i could do it this time. I really enjoy the food and i quite enjoy the banter of the classes. When i first joined i thought it was all a bit cheesy all the clapping and stuff but now i quite enjoy it. But i definatly think the idea of someone else weighing me is a good idea as i would cheat all the time if i went it alone.
I have learnt so much from the ladies at my class which im not saying you couldnt learn on forums like this one but for me it has to be going to class! I just wish i had found sw years ago!

I attended my first class last night and it was great! I have been going alone since Feb and whilst i have lost 8lbs by doing SW online, i have had questions to ask and found i had no-one to ask.

Plus, if you join the class you get a password to use online so you still have all of the support at your fingertips if you need it.

I'd say give it a go - what have you got to lose (apart from weight!!)

Thanks for your response, I really appreciate it. As I said I have been to SW for a number of years, both to various classes and also joined online. I realise that the class depends greatly on the personality of the consultant and I think over the years I have met 7 in total!

I think this time I will try at home and then join class because you do learn a lot from other people and it is nice to get answers to queries.

Hopefully this time .............................

Thanks again
Sarah

Good luck Huney! We're here if you need us!

This time i am doing it alone, not on line just me and a 7 day plan from the website and the mags. Im trying EE. Normally for me I have to go to class as need the discipline of knowing that i am going to get weighed in front of others, But this time something has changed and i feel fine doing it alone. I personally think that if i didn't have this forum to keep coming onto and asking questions and seeing everyoines success, then i would just cave and eat crap again. I m not saying going it alone alone will work long term for me, though i hope it does, i will go back to class.

No contest 4 me I'm afraid. I need the discipline of the weekly class. Ok ur paying someone £4.50 for them to tell u if u've lost or gained but the way I look at it I used to spend much more that that on crap like chocolate etc & if going to class helps make this journey 'easier' then £4.50 I'll spend a week. For some strange reason my week passes so quickly & b4 I know where I am it's weigh in day. Different things suit different people & if u can do it alone then well done. We r all heading the same way anyway with them same intentions so best of luck whichever way u choose.

I know i need a class, but at this time i can't afford it. So, i am struggling with trying to do it at home. At the moment i am maintaining more than losing - not what i wanted but better than gaining i guess.
I'm going to sit down and work out my budget and see if i can find a class to go to.......it's just not working for me doing it at home.
I think it does depend on what sort of person you are really.

hi im new around here and me and my husband are going to try and loose weight together, we wont be going to class so we have bought a start up pack and some books off ebay to get us started but untill they come ive been looking round this forum and its great, ive been making notes as ive seen things of interest i want to remember, im not understanding the healthy extras bit though, is it an a list and a b list? with 2 a day from each? which booklet is that info in?

charlotte x

I've done online and class, and i paid for 12 classes this time so i feel "forced" to go. It's good for me, even though i'm acutely shy, makes me think before eating something i maybe shouldn't. the forum here is great, came to my aid in a moment of crisis today in fact. I also use the magazine for recipe ideas. I have also heard someone else gained on EE when they tried it so maybe stick to original and greens for a week and see what happens.

Back