clothes and dress sizes

maddie.x

soo guys i was wondering to drop down dress sizes wat would i need to be losing in stone e...this question would be for people who who have lost a stone or so...are ye fitting into smaller size i no i may sound shallow but i donr care wat i weigh all i really care about is looking thinner and droppin sizes..so does losing pound/stone help you fit into smaller clothes

Depends where you start. I imagine if you're 10 st and 6 foot tall, a stone loss will tkae you down a couple of sizes! I've lost a stone starting in December and I'm still in the same jeans- though they are a lot looser so I need a belt!

im like 15st and 5ft 5 size 16...wat do you think i would need to lose to drop down ??

This is really tricky question. I always wore a size 20 then i lost just under 4 stone and am now an 18! I can get away with a few 16's depending on where from but generally an 18.
Maybe i was actually a 22 before but even so thats only 2 dress sizes.
I think it depends on your body shape. I lost about 6 or 7 inches from my hips and from my waist but i have 'child bearing' (lol!) hips and broad shoulders. I'm 5f 10 by the way.
So i don't think you can measure it at all, sorry! :)

I needed to to lose about 2st to get into a smaller size consistently from lots of different shops.

The thing with sizes is, every single shop seems to measure differently! A size 18 in Evans for example could easily be a 22-24 in Sainsbury's. In 2009 I lost 4st, going from 16st10 to 12st10. I started wearing size 20 jeans, 24 tops, and two size 32 dresses! Went down gradually, at some point I was wearing a single size 12 top I found in Sainsbury's and size 16 jeans, but the rest of my tops were 18 so what size was I? No idea!

The best thing I did, and I am doing again, is pick a brand and stick with it. Last time I did Matalan, jeans were £12 and I already had size 20 so I bought them in an 18 when I lost a bit, then in 16 a bit later. I even had 14 for the next step but life got in the way and I stopped the diet. This time it's M+S, £12 a pair jeans. Currently in 18, and in my room I have a pair of 16 in the same range. When I fit them, I'll buy 14. I know that I have most definetly gone down a size when they're from the same shop! If that makes sense.

It's one of my biggest motivations. I'm one stone down, 6 more to go! Every time I go in my room I see the jeans I want to wear, on a size 16 hanger!

ok guys thanks a mill and keep up all yer good work it hearing from ppl like ye thats keepin me goin hopefully when i get down 2 stone or so ill be dropping sizes xxxx

I'm a size 24/26 and last year i lost 2 stone (all regained now :cry:), but i was down to a loose 24 after losing 2 stone. x

Different body shapes will all go down differently so it's hard to say...
I've lost 18lbs in just over a month and gone from a size 16 to fitting into a size 12 dress (from debenhams). I was 13 st 7lbs, now on 12 st 3lbs. I'm quite short though, only 5foot tall, so I guess that makes a difference.

Back