Club 10... Sssssshhhhhhh!

StripedDaisy

A sucker for a key change
Hi all,

I have been thinking about when I finally get my Club 10 (hopefully in the next couple of weeks) and I am starting to dread it. I don't want it to be announced by my C as I don't like to advertise how much I weigh (apart from on here of course) I find when she announces others, she also says how much weight they have lost :eek: :eek: :eek:! I don't mind people knowing how much I have lost, but I can't help but do a little mental arithmetic when she annouces a club 10 and I pretty much work out how much people weighed when they joined (I know it is none of my business and I am certainly not judging anyone). I can't help but do it and I don't want to sound wierd but everything I think about is linked to numbers (even down to remembering peoples names by how many letters (I know I am a freak lol)). I think it is part of being dyslexic and constantly working things out in my tiny mind. When I went to Uni, my revision was always based on numbers too. Anyway, enough about my wierdness!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

As my C doesn't do the WI and I work on the shop bit until the class starts, it won't be easy to tell her to keep it quiet. I could send her an email or text, but that would rely on her remembering and I don't want to tempt fate by asking her to keep it to herself. Plus as the class is quite small, people tend to notice someone filling in the form for head office.

I know I am worrying over nothing and being a little paranoid, but it is actually starting to drive me round the bend!!

Hopefully someone will understand where I am coming from....

(I am embarrassed to even post this btw)

I know it can be embarrassing and worrying having your weight read out in front of others, but you should be proud of the magnificent achievement-no matter what you weighed at the start of your journey. Try and have a quiet word with your C when you first get there and before you get weighed. Well done hun x

firstly well one for nearly reaching your club 10!!

I can understand that you dont want to draw attention to yourself, but hey, what an achievement. If i were you i would feel pleased with myself. Everyone at the meeting is there because we all have issues with weight so i dont think any one will judge you. At least you are doing something positive about it and succeeding. Well done you.

If you do feel really stringly about keeping it quiet, i think you are right you should speak, contact your c.

But well done.

xx

Could you ask her to say youve got your club 10 but leave out how much youve lost in total?

But as the others have said be proud of your achievement!

I too have thought about when i get to target (good while to go yet lol) and people ask how much Ive lost and i will have to say over 7 st and think they will be disgusted I could even weigh that to begin with but they wont, they will be amazed at how well youve done and be pleased for you.

Everyone at the meetings is there for the same reason so nobody can judge anyone. Hold your head up high and enjoy it

x

So, so, so know where you are coming from with this, I think the best thing you can do is get to class as early as possible and grab your consultant and say you don't want her to announce your club 10 or anything, remember you are the boss and the last thing SW want to do is humiliate you.

Fab loss :)

Sorry i am going to be blunt and go down the cognitive route. I personally don't think the majority could be bothered to work out the amount the person has weighed before their club 10. People are usually too egocentric to worry about others. Unless you are really good at your 14 times tables the amount in pounds doesn't make sense to alot of people. Ask yourself in reality, what would happen to you if they did work it out. My guess is nothing and anyone who had bothered to work it out would have forgotten within 2 minutes of leaving class. can you truthfully tell me the weights of three people (not friends) from your class prior to losing their club 10. just a thought xx

I'm with Rosie on this one. I'm a pretty intelligent person and not bad at maths, but there's no way I would be bothered to sit and work out how much weight someone has lost! Firstly, I'm too busy clapping their achievement and secondly, it really doesn't matter to me ;)

If it makes you feel better, try to grab your C before everyone gets there, but honestly, I wouldn't worry - they'll all be too pleased for you to care about figures, even if you do!

Good luck :D

Totally agree with what Brightonrosie said, I don't even remember how much people have lost in the last week, let alone the club10 amounts or total weight losses. I just clap and cheer their achievements. In fact I will go as far to say that the higher the number the more I think what an amazing achievement and how well they are doing, and never once have I thought about their starting weight.

Everyone at sw is there to support you, and by you as one of the people that people notice week in week out on the shop just think about how great an example you are setting not just to the old members but any new starters who's only contact will have been with the consultant and yourself. I can promise you none of them want to laugh at you or will think bad of you, they will be too busy sending you positive thoughts for that.

I'm with the last 3 posters!! If it's really that important to you then you'll just have to make your C aware of it- could you perhaps get to class a bit earlier and mention it? But people really really wouldn't take any notice or bother to calculate your weight- chances are there are tons of people there weighing a far lot more than you with more to lose to get their Club 10 in any case!! Try and chill out about it- everyone would applaud you and genuinely be pleased for you, and if there are people there who aren't pleased for you, or who are crazy enough to calculate your weight and be smug about it, then these people shouldn't matter to you anyway!! I do the weighing at my class, and if I was asked afterwards what any one person weighed- I honestly wouldn't have the foggiest!! It's all just numbers and the only person it really matters to you is the person going through it!!XXXXXXXXX

Sorry i am going to be blunt and go down the cognitive route. I personally don't think the majority could be bothered to work out the amount the person has weighed before their club 10. People are usually too egocentric to worry about others. Unless you are really good at your 14 times tables the amount in pounds doesn't make sense to alot of people. Ask yourself in reality, what would happen to you if they did work it out. My guess is nothing and anyone who had bothered to work it out would have forgotten within 2 minutes of leaving class. can you truthfully tell me the weights of three people (not friends) from your class prior to losing their club 10. just a thought xx

Brightonrosie is right as usual.

Most people can't do mental arithmetic at all, and I doubt if they are all going to get their calculators out in the middle of class!

And look at it another way - what happens when other people get awards? Isn't everyone pleased about it? I know I am. You say you don't judge other people - so why do you think they will judge you?

But if you really can't stand the idea, then tell your consultant. If you think she will forget, then write her a post-it note and stick it on her paperwork.

Thanks for the replies.

Unless you are really good at your 14 times tables

can you truthfully tell me the weights of three people (not friends) from your class

I am and yes I can :eek::eek::eek:.

I guess that most of the people on here aren't as strange as I am then!!!! I don't do it on purpose, I'm often not even aware that I am doing it. It is just how my brain likes to do sums all the time and I have a very good memory for pointless information.

Just call me RAINMAN!! :rotflmao:

ive often thought about this and how sw always say they never disclose weight but by saying 10% then people will be able to work it out. its never bothered me though and i dont think i could be bothered to sit and work it out. im sure your consultant wont mind if you explain to her though

I'm really sensitive about the weight I am at the moment and my starting weight etc.

I 100% know that nobody wants to humiliate me and they may not work it out..... However, I also worry about everybody working out my original weight (if not exactly, as it doesn't take a genius to work it out roughly), it's because I am ashamed of my weight, therefore don't want other people to know.

I take on board what everyone else is saying to mrsmc and agree the achievement should be celebrated, but I also know myself how worrying it can be too, therefore just sent your consultant a text or email, I'm sure you'll not be the first person who has asked.

xx

I just wonder when you work out the weights of people, even though not intentionally, what you think? I'd be surprised if you thought bad things of them? As we are all there for the same reason I can't imagine they'd think badly of you either.
Its such a difficult and sensitive journey, as someone else mentioned earlier in the thread I am also sensitive about telling people what I've lost as I am still big and they must think blimey how BIG were you before?!?! but the important thing is I am not as big as that now and don't intend to be again!
Easier said than done though I know but try and aim for your club 10 without worrying! Mind you I have just remembered that I didn't tell anyone outside group that I had lost my club 10 apart from hubby! and it was one certificate that didn't go on the fridge!;)

I think being able to openly say your weight, even if only to your OH is a very freeing experience and one that, for me, has definitely helped me! In the past I have never disclosed my weight to anyone, but on this journey, I have proudly said what my start weight was (15st 2.5lbs) and how much I have to lose. OK, so my weight isn't read out in class, and that's fine by me too, but as someone who has done the weighing at class, you don't even pay attention to the figures, just the fantastic losses that everyone is having. We're all in this together, and well done on your great achievements so far xxx

I'm really sensitive about the weight I am at the moment and my starting weight etc.

... it's because I am ashamed of my weight, therefore don't want other people to know.

xx

But aren't we all at least a little ashamed of our weight, otherwise we wouldn't be trying to do something about it? ;) At the end of the day, we're ALL in the same boat. I do appreciate that some people are more sensitive than others, but I honestly don't think anyone will know (or care if they do work it out!)

I just wonder when you work out the weights of people, even though not intentionally, what you think?

I genuinely don't think much at all about it, but it gets stored away for later reference I suppose (it only takes a few seconds to do the maths so I move on to something else quickly). The only time I judge anyone from my class is when I pop into Asda after class and see one or two of them in the queue for the in-store McDonalds!!!

I am also sensitive about telling people what I've lost as I am still big and they must think blimey how BIG were you before?!?!

That's very much how I feel!! At work they know I have now lost 21lbs, and I'm sure some of them think thats great, but my goodness she must still have so much to lose (they are mostly whinging, moaning, mean-spirited women)!

Mind you I have just remembered that I didn't tell anyone outside group that I had lost my club 10 apart from hubby! and it was one certificate that didn't go on the fridge!;)

:D That is my plan too lol.

Well I think the main thing is Good Luck with getting to your club 10 and beyond! :D
Thats the important thing and although I do also care what others think of me sod 'em! Sounds like they will be thinking more about what they are going to have from McDonalds anyway ;) and as for the mean spirited women at work....well unfortunately I don't think theres a club or a diet that can help with that and they are stuck with it!:rolleyes:

Back