1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Coconut Oil and weight loss?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Spotty Teapot, 8 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Spotty Teapot

Spotty Teapot Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Sliming World
    Does anyone know anything about coconut oil promoting weight loss? ever tried it?
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Funky_Munky

Funky_Munky Put the kettle on

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    I thought coconut was quite fatty? Ive only ever heard about coconut oil being good for curly/frizzy/dry hair!!
  4. who_la_hoop

who_la_hoop Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    There is quite an interesting article here: Coconut oil

I think the short version is: it doesn't really help weight loss :D But I'm sure it's a good fat to include in your diet, within your syns, if you fancied it!
  5. woodmouse

woodmouse Gold Member

various then S&S/Paleo now 5:2 with 16.8
    A few months ago I read about it promoting weight loss (Isabel de los Rios site?) and bought some from Holland and Barrett when they had a recent 'buy one get one for a penny offer' (H&B were pricey!). I think it's absolutely delicious, if you like coconut, and is supposed to be a good healthy oil for high temperature cooking. Now I'm back on SW though, I do measure it out, and count it the same as other oils for syns i.e. 2syns a tsp, but I tend to stick the tub on my kitchen scales and take out 5 or 10g. It's a solid oil at room temperature and this is probably a more accurate way of measuring it. It's now become a bit of a treat so my two tubs should last a while!
  6. Looking at my list of things not to eat (I have a heart condition) coconut oil is one of them. It is high in saturated fats. And that's what causes high cholesterol.
  7. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Not Eating Like a Pig
    I agree with Annafaraday, anything solid at room temperature is high in sat fat... not too good ... but I suppose of you syn it.....
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.