Coffee - Good or Bad on Lighter Life

scotsnat38

Morning Everyone!!

Ok does anyone know if drinking coffee is a good thing or a bad thing on LL?
Some people have told me that coffee causes water retention and others have told me that it does the opposite and prevents it. Anyone know for sure?
Does coffee help or hinder weight loss??

Thanks everyone :)

Coffee
reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes, gives more energy, caffine speeds up your metabolism even while at rest . and its safe for several cups of coffee a day

Thanks for this missleo...altho' one thing - our LLC said that there is NOTHING you can do to speed/slow your metabolism. Apparently metabolism is something that can only be changed by body weight...as your body weight goes up/down, your metabolism changes accordingly.
But if a few cups of coffee a day is going to help me lose weight then I'm all for that!!..that's the reason I ask..I'll do anything to help me along this diet!! :)

Coffee won't affect your weight loss one way or the other so if you fancy a coffee then go for it!

Mike

coffee , what i mean is , caffine speeds up your metabolism making it easier for us to burn more calories , but safe for several cups , i drink so much coffee , and if i have none in i withdraw from it , but good luck ! also helps if you can't go to the loo hehe

Coffee does temporarily speed up your metabolism (your LLC is basically right, but you can temporarily boost your metabolism with things like caffeine or exercise - it's not a permanent change, just a temporary boost). It's not your body weight as such that determines your metabolism - more your body composition. My metabolism (I have more muscle than the average person) will be faster than someone who weighs exactly the same but has less muscle and more fat.

Anyway, there's your trivia for the day! What it all boils down to, though, is this: the amount that a cup of coffee speeds up your metabolism isn't enough to make a difference to your weight loss. ;)

Back