Coffee

misspiggy123

Hi all,

Sorry to sound ignorant , however I was wondering if we are allowed to drink black coffee with no sugar .
Will this effect my weight lose.
I have stayed away from caffeine throughout , however I have an 2000 word essay to complete for tomorrow and I NEED to stay awake.
Regards
Miss Piggy

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

you can have as much black caffinated or decaff coffee. Just NO milk! If you need it sweet you can add tablet sweetners, not powdered as the powdered stuff contains carbs so stick to the tablets. should not affect weighloss. ive really got used to black coffee, used to drink it with a third of the coffee being milk!!

Thank you Goose,

I am so glad, I was not a coffee drinker , it use to give me an headache .
Today's it's my best friend .
This diet can do some funny things to the mind .
Kind Regards
Miss Piggy

Good luck with the essay Miss Piggy, I hope you get it all finished. I also have a lot of work on at the moment so I'm working late into the nights after the children are in bed. I find it much harder to stay awake for long hours when I'm on on LT. I haven't tried a black coffee, I may give it a go later!

Thank you Busy Mum,

Well the black coffee has really done the job .
I am usually in bed by now , I always feel tired and weak, however I was quite surprised how I was able to drink it without milk and sugar.
Sugar was like a drug to me prior to LT
The diet has really helped my craving for it and changed my pallet .
I don't know why I am making a Hugh fuss over coffee!!
Regards
(A very wide eyed )Miss Piggy

Coffee is lovely when you're doing this diet. I make an expresso and add to my vanilla shake at breakfast, it makes a lovely latte to get that posh coffee feel. Mmm off for mine now xx

mmm I only have vanilla, choc shakes and the coconut flapjacks and I ALWAYS put decaff coffe in my vanilla n choc shakes. Mmmmm,

If i have them warm, I add a couple of tablet sweetners. I went through a phase of the vanilla ones, with coffee (if i needed a lift me up id put proper coffee not decaff!) a couple of tablet sweetners, blitz in blender and heat in a pan on the hob, does taste better this way i think than just using hot water in the blender - it maeks it too frothy (u might like it that way!) but if I can be bothered, heating up on the hob is good.

at work i have them hot quite often, just make it up with a little cold waterm, shake like mad, put in to mug (i have a hugeee mug) and top up with hot water. Lovely when it's cold xx

mmm I want my shake now!!! but left them in my car and cant be bothered just yet to go get them!! its funny, on restart of LT - a week and a bit ago, i hated the shakes, couldnt get how i put up with them for 16 weeks, felt sooo salty! weird that is, but now im actuall;y back to enjoying them, do love the cho blended with coffee and cold water as well. palate changes pretty quick I guess!

I stopped having milk in my coffee when I first started LT - and contined that after and only once in a while (xmas time) do I have a proper latte. A real treat this xmas in that costa place with ginger!

Anyhow, I digress. I sometimes put coffee in my vanilla shake. One time at work, was rushing a bit, came back to my desk with the coffee/vanilla but it had funny bits floating in it. How odd I thought. Then omg!! I'd put coffee in one of my chicken shakes! That wasn't the best lunch break I can tell you - had to down it though for the nourishment!

Reminded me to weare my glasses

Lisa

Hahahaha!!!! That is hilarious!!!!!!!

That is so funny, but bleughhhh :)

ive made up a chocolate shake with scewing the topof my shaker before at work, went toshake and chocolate shake EVERYWHERE!! i had bits in my diary, computer, just everywhere you could imagine!! clothese covered in it!!! hehhehe!! had to pop to asda and buy new clothes lol!!

Coffee definitely helped me survive the first few days, I was a big coke drinker so the combination of getting no sugar AND no caffeine is a bit rough, being able to still get a bit of caffeine took the edge off... that I'm just over a week in and already I find myself not even bothering with the coffee, just water and I'm satisfied.

Back