COKE ZERO

Oh no ... I've been drinking gallons of Coke Zero. I knew the diet ones were dodgy, but my CDC said the Coke Zero was ok.

NOOOOO! A glass of it every day is my key survival tool... on what evidence is it banned tho as I drank it last year and it didnt seem to cause any issues with weightloss or health...? x

Ok so just checked out the link from Linda and I can see why it has been taken off the list of recommended drinks, although I see also that it is not banned, but rather is "not recommended".

Coke Zero has less than 2kcals per 500ml so less than bouillon which is used by many VLCDers and is allowed on Lighter Life (altho I note not CD).

There was never any secret that it may encourage the drinker to want to eat conventional foods, and that is why there was a recommended daily limit at 1 glass a day, but then personally I find that it is the one thing that I honestly can enjoy consuming on this diet and as such it actually helps me NOT to cheat, as I saw it as an 'allowed' pleasure.

I am really quite concerned now about how I will deal with this being something that is not allowed, as I will feel like I am being naughty when I drink it, although going without is more likely to do harm than good in terms of sticking to the plan....

HELP???!! what to do?? xx

Hi guys, just reading the thread and I am on my first week of LL and I can't find anywhere where it says you can drink Coke Zero thought I would let you know! :)

I've had coke zero and Dr pepper zero since I started this and lost 15lbs in 2 weeks, just phoned my CDC and she still says it's ok.

I've had the occassional bottle of Diet Coke as well and it hasnt bothered me, but can understand how some peeps might be tempted to have something 'else' with it as well. But I've been good so far :girlpower:

HCM it is (or was) allowed on CD but not sure about LL. I think I will just carry on as I have been doing and did last year when it was officially ok! I wouldnt drink Diet Coke, or the other Zero drinks that contain citric acid as it can knock you out of ketosis.. I read somewhere that even half a slice of lemon in a drink contains enough citric acid to knock you out, so I dont personally like to risk it like that! But like with the zero thing, at the end of the day the extent to which we stick within the rules are up to ourselves xxx

Spoke to my cdc last night and she sadi i can have it as long as its no more than a pint but try to wean off ot for better results

I have had a can of coke zero 2 or 3 times a week sometimes more whilst doing CD and i dont think it has slowed down weight loss...ive lost 30lbs in 10 weeks and enjoy my coke zero so im going to continue with it.

Back