coke zero

I've just been to see my CDC, this is my first session and she said I was allowed to drink coke zero and perfectly clear strawberry /kiwi and red apple so I'm really confused now

thats good to hear, did they mention perectly clear water too well just the 2 flavours strawb/kiwi and red apple. I don't want to do anything wrong but diet coke is my fav drink

Hi - I drink tea and coffee with skimmed milk as well as my water intake and this doesnt affect my weight loss. I do avoid Coke etc but if you buy sparkling mineral water and use the CD flavourings it does make you think you are having a "treat"!! LOL Sxx

I have discovered Green & Peppermint tea. Hate Green tea alone, but this blend makes me feel like my breath is improved.
Both leaf teas, so OK on SS.:)

I thought you couldnt because of something to do with the citric acid in it (??? I might be wrong there). I'm slowly getting used to black tea :-/

Hi I was told coke zero is fine too becuase it contains malic acis and not citric acid which is the one to definatley avoid and yes perfectly clear red apple and strawberry and kiwi are fine too x

Coke Zero is no longer allowed it was briefly but after research it was found it did affect losses in some and promote hunger.

Perfectly clear is not allowed either, although malic acid it contains flavourings which can kick off cravings in some.

The allowable liquids are listed below, taken directly from the guidance in the Sole Source booklet.

Some people can use the above drinks without detrimental affect but many can't - is it worth the risk?

Allowable Fluids for Sole Source

In order to strictly control the number of calories, the additional drinks must come form the following list:

tap water
bottle water - can be sparkling or still
black coffee - ordinary or decaff - no sugar
black tea - no sugar
Cambridge water flavours (after two weeks)

It is vital that you drink the extra water specified ('extra' means it is in addition to the water you use to mix the sachets). Cups of tea and coffee can be taken in addition. On this step, you should drink your tea and coffee without milk or sugar although you may use a calorie free sweeterner. If you do, use a tablet sweetener, not the powdered kind that comes in a jar or sachet.

Because both coffee and tea contain caffeine, it is advisable, whilst on the diet, not to drink more than you normally do. But you should not cut down on your normal intake either, as this could lead to withdrawal headaches and edginess. Do not add anything else to the tea or coffee.

Other leaf teas are acceptable (such as peppermint or nettle), but it is best to avoid herbal teas made from fruits or flowers (for example camomile or lemon) because labelling does not provide enough data on nutrition, and sugar may have been added.

For those who find unflavoured water less palatable to drink, we recommend Cambridge drink flavourings, available from your Counsellor. A teaspoonful in a litre of water per day will provide a delicious and refreshing change from ordinary water. However, those people who come out of ketosis very easily should not start using these drink mixes until ketosis is well established. Various trials have shown that the majority of people have no problems, but consult your Counsellor for further guidance.

Cambridge does not recommend the use of carbonated, so-called 'zero calorie' drinks. They are usually not 'zero calorie' an can lead to a feeling of bloating, as well as perpetuating the taste for other conventional foods.

Note that alcohol is strictly forbidden on the Cambridge Diet. Gram for gram alcohol contains more calories than carbohydrate and will effectively sabotage the sole source programme.

Taken from Sole Source Booklet MED002/0802 - FEBRUARY

Thanks for that, It seems that some CDC are giving out conflicting advice which is a shame as us newbies are very vunerable and sadly get excited about a glimmer of hope ie coke zero. i will do without:(

I know:(

The information I have supplied is 100% accurate. You should have the uptodate SS booklet and the text I have typed above is from that booklet.

If you want to achieve the best results in the quickest possible time stick to the recommendations.

Good luck with your diet.

ok, i have a REALLY daft question in relation to this whole "what can we drink" thing.... the guidelines say you can drink sparkling water .... what about soda water? is this the same thing as sparkiling water lol????

sorry, the lack of food is bringing my brain to a hault i think! x

I have been drinking the Perfectly Clear strawberry & kiwi water all week, as recommended by my cdc as I don't like plain water and was not drinking enough, even with the flavourings added.

I am drinking over 3 litres a day.
I haven't had any extra cravings, in fact I feel less hungry since drinking all this water.

I have official weigh in tomorrow, so will know then if it's affected my loss as I've been really strict ss-ing all week.

Hi I was also told that coke zero was ok to drink as long as no more than 660ml a day, didn't know about the perectly clear though. Weigh in tomorrow better stock up on the Cambridge flavourings if cokes out!!

Back