Extra Easy Cold evening meal ideas

babybuffy84

Gold Member
Need some help at the moment I have access to a microwave so manage fine but am moving to a new station next week where there's no facilities at all my tea will be spent sitting on a platform !!! So need ideas for cold meals in the evening anyone have any ideas ??
There's only a Camden food company and burger king on the station so want to avoid them !!

Chicken seasoned with Schwartz Chargrilled seasoning & salad

Ryvita crackers with philadelphia ham & salad

Ham/chicken/beef salad sandwich

Prawn salad

Sorry but all I can really think of is salad :)

have you got a flask as you could make some soup to take.

Savoury rice with added roasted veg (peppers, BNS, onions, courgettes) and hard boiled eggs, (sometimes I skip the roasted veg and have half a jar of beetroot)

New potatoes boil them add a squeeze of lemon juice and leave to cool. Flake in some peppered smoked mackerel (1 syn per 100g), chopped red peppers, spring onions, green beans, and sweetcorn. You could also syn some mayo.

One thing to remember is that cold food needs more seasoning than hot food so, tuck a screw of paper filled with salt and another of pepper in your bag (or take a couple extra sachets when in a cafe).

Or take some slices of ham, spread with laughing cow extra light triangles (5 for a HEA I think), and roll up, add some cucumber sticks, carrot batons, celery if liked (bleurgh).

Frittata much nicer than SW quiche imo, less slimey.

Couscous

Shirleen said:
Savoury rice with added roasted veg (peppers, BNS, onions, courgettes) and hard boiled eggs, (sometimes I skip the roasted veg and have half a jar of beetroot)

New potatoes boil them add a squeeze of lemon juice and leave to cool. Flake in some peppered smoked mackerel (1 syn per 100g), chopped red peppers, spring onions, green beans, and sweetcorn. You could also syn some mayo.

One thing to remember is that cold food needs more seasoning than hot food so, tuck a screw of paper filled with salt and another of pepper in your bag (or take a couple extra sachets when in a cafe).

Or take some slices of ham, spread with laughing cow extra light triangles (5 for a HEA I think), and roll up, add some cucumber sticks, carrot batons, celery if liked (bleurgh).

Frittata much nicer than SW quiche imo, less slimey.

Couscous

Oh thanks Hun some off them sound gorgeous !!!

Some things that you'd normally have hot like risotto and biryani are fairly good cold in lunchboxes :) Alternatively, you could make some sort of cous cous salad - especially nice with a chicken breast sliced in it, with veggies like cucumber and peppers and a little bit of lemon juice stirred in :)

You could also eat chicken drumsticks cold with any of these as a side?

I often make a couscous salad for a cold lunch. Make couscous as directed, chop red pepper into bite sized pieces, frylight it and microwave for 2 mins. blitz a tomato with some cumin, coriander, lemon juice and a clove of garlic. Mix it all together and then add 7 chopped black olives (1 syn). You can add olive oil for HEB but i find the frylight is enough. This salad keeps me going for hours!

Back