Come on Wales!

Such a shame ! :cry:

My hubby went out to watch it and I found myself shouting at the telly (just like he does!) ;) Nevermind, we can hold our heads high!

They still played better than England did, shame they got pipped at the post, it would have been lovely to see them get through

I missed it as I was out walking, but from what I gathered by listening to the radio reports, with all the possession they had at the end, should they not have won the game with a very late drop goal?

I guess that means England remain the only home nation to have lifted the World Cup in both Rugger and "proper" footy;)

Being serious though, Wales would have won that had they not been a man short for most of the game - they must have put in a great shift and I hope the principality are suitably proud of their boyos.

Last edited:
:talk017::talk017:

Come on Wales!
:talk017::talk017:

Oh, I am so sorry they lost by one point, one measly point.

Lin , did you know I am an honorary Welsh woman. I love all things Welsh.

I am lifetime honorary President of the Welsh Pony and Cob Society of Spain and have judged at the Royal Welsh.

I love Welsh cakes, Welsh choirs, Welsh gold, bara bryth, Welsh cheeses especially Caerphilly , Welsh Black Beef and Welsh Mountain Lamb. I love the mountains the valleys,the coast line, north to south. Your fantastic list of brilliant Welsh singers. As I said, all things Welsh and the Welsh Rugby team are something to be proud of, a young, strong and talented team.

I even tried to learn to speak Welsh at one time, but sadly it defeated me.

They might not have got through this time but they really are a force to be reckoned with.

Oh, I am so sorry they lost by one point, one measly point.

Lin , did you know I am an honorary Welsh woman. I love all things Welsh.

I am lifetime honorary President of the Welsh Pony and Cob Society of Spain and have judged at the Royal Welsh.

I love Welsh cakes, Welsh choirs, Welsh gold, bara bryth, Welsh cheeses especially Caerphilly , Welsh Black Beef and Welsh Mountain Lamb. I love the mountains the valleys,the coast line, north to south. Your fantastic list of brilliant Welsh singers. As I said, all things Welsh and the Welsh Rugby team are something to be proud of, a young, strong and talented team.

I even tried to learn to speak Welsh at one time, but sadly it defeated me.

They might not have got through this time but they really are a force to be reckoned with.

You are definately a Welsh Woman!;)

You are definately a Welsh Woman!;)

Lyn, I have even named horses we have bred with Welsh names......Cariad, Siriol, Seren Sws, Seren Bach etc.

If the house is sold at the end of this month we are buying an apartment in Llandudno as a bolt hole. We can not return to live in Cornwall as I so desperately wanted to as circumstances here will not allow it but my idea of heaven is a nice little flat near the promenade and in the centre of Llandudno is my idea of heaven. Especially as Cornwall ( my lovely sis) will come and stay with me when I am there.

We could have a Welsh meeting............SW style of course with syn free gin to wash down a syn free meal.

Lyn, I have even named horses we have bred with Welsh names......Cariad, Siriol, Seren Sws, Seren Bach etc.

If the house is sold at the end of this month we are buying an apartment in Llandudno as a bolt hole. We can not return to live in Cornwall as I so desperately wanted to as circumstances here will not allow it but my idea of heaven is a nice little flat near the promenade and in the centre of Llandudno is my idea of heaven. Especially as Cornwall ( my lovely sis) will come and stay with me when I am there.

We could have a Welsh meeting............SW style of course with syn free gin to wash down a syn free meal.

Sue, I love the names for the horses. My friend's spaniel is called Cariad, because of a heart shaped brown patch on her head x

I have never been to Llandudno, so now you have me intrigued as to what it is like.

It would be great to have a syn free Welsh Meeting xxxx

Sue, I love the names for the horses. My friend's spaniel is called Cariad, because of a heart shaped brown patch on her head x

I have never been to Llandudno, so now you have me intrigued as to what it is like.

It would be great to have a syn free Welsh Meeting xxxx

Llandudno is lovely. It is a Victorian town with a lovely promenade, pier, theatre and lovely shops.

Also we have friends and family in Cheshire and North Wales so it is a really handy place to be.

Our friends near Aberearon have already said they want to book it for a couple of weeks when we are not there.

http://www.visitllandudno.org.uk/index.php?langID=1

I'm a Carmarthenshire girl now living in Stafford. Llandudno is very popular with the West Midlanders but I haven't got around to visiting as I'm not sure it could ever live up to my beloved South Wales coastline!

We were always blessed growing up - we only ventured into England twice - day trip to London and a day trip to Alton Towers. People always think I've 'missed out' but I really didn't feel like that as a child. We had Pendine, Saundersfoot and Tenby to keep up happy :) And a granny and extended family who lived in Aberaeron :)

I promise to give it a go in Spring 2012! I've heard there is a lovely walk there so we shall take Poppy :chores016:

I'm English in my blood, but Welsh in the rugby-loving depths of my soul, having been brought up in the great days of JPR Williams, and the great Welsh teams of the 70s!

I was gutted that I couldn't find my Welsh rugby shirt for Saturday. And just a little bit afraid that it may have been that that jinxed my boys. Well, that and a rash, ***** of a ref!

Anyway, I'm an (English) Anglesey girl. Even though I can only manage a little bit of Welsh. Though I did learn quite a few phrases through many years of childhood holidays there.

But I can say Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. Properly.

Back