comfort foods

cat38x

We all have them, those days where just want comfort, so what do you good people do when you get those days when normally you would have grabbed a slice of cake, the biscuit barrel or shared a pizza and a bottle of wine. What are your comfort foods now? X

Chocolate MiM with extra-thick double cream!!!! I usually only have half a one, but scoffed the lot tonight - absolute bliss, completely squashed any cake craving I might have had. I always save my 1/2 (or whole if being piggy like tonight) for when the kids have gone to bed, ME-time!! Now I'm stuffed too so absolutely no chance of eating anything else, job done :D

tazbabe said:
i'll echo that!

just polished one off in fact, yum!

They sound yum!! I must try... :)

Oow! Sounds like a Saturday night in treat!!! Can you have them on induction??? If so could I please have your recipe? Thank you! Enjoy :)

Pork crackling - crunch and flavour to satisfy mouth, fat to satisfy appetite!

You'll find MiM recipes on the Stickies, rich chocolate MiM is on the first page I think. I did try the basic one first (very nice and will be very versatile), but choc is winning at the moment! You may find you tweak the recipe to suit you, I use half butter and half olive oil. I worked out the nutritional values, as for all my recipes, where I keep a food diary at Fatsecret. Others use Myfitnesspal or Fitday, all similar and VERY useful - makes keeping track much easier. Enjoy!! x

Amendment - my coconut oil arrived today, so I tried them with 2 tsp of that instead of oil/butter - DELISH!!! x

Last edited:
Oh yes - flax bread (mim variation using yeast) with butter and marmite :D

Back