Coming off LLT

fitnessqueen1

Hi all
Since being back on LLT (21 days) I have had constant diarrhoea every day it started after day 3. I didn't have this when I did total last year. It's been so bad that I've been scared to leave the house a couple of times. Had a chat with the nurse at my Gp surgery and she's advised that I come off the packs. I've also been tested for coeliac and it came back negative. I've got to take her advice (I should have come off packs on Friday but put it off and will stop tonight).

I'm worried about putting on weight as I'm so close to my target. I've done my research and am going to start Dukan tomorrow as this will keep me in ketosis and hopefully I'll lose my last few pounds.

Has anyone else gone from total to a low carb plan?

Anyone? Any answers gratefully received.

I've never done Dukan so can't really comment on it.

However, I have found the key to maintaining my weight-loss is to keep the carbs low and avoid sugary, starchy foods. I know other maintainers who do the same.

But, my sister swears by low fat eating, so I guess it's what suits you and your lifestyle.

I'm sorry LL did not suit you - I hope you find Dukan works for you.

Let us know how you get on :) :) xx

Thanks - had my first day of Dukan today - pure protein so hopefully I'll stay in ketosis - the scales will tell!

I'll still pop over to this forum from time to time x :)

Would be really keen to find out how Dukan is going for you and the principles behind it. Am switching from LLT to LLL in a fortnight to lose the final 2 stone. However past that am researching now a low carb diet to follow for my maintenance over the next year. Have heard a lot about Dukan diet!! Currently also looking at the GL diet xx

Hi
There is a Dukan thread on here - very informative. I've lost 3lbs in 3 days on the first phase of the diet. I must say this surprised me as I went straight on it after LLT with no break and I've eaten loads!
Good luck on your journey!

Back