Coming out of the closet and ...

JoolsG

... introducing myself. I've been lurking :p

Hello :wavey:

I've not been a yo-yo dieter but just kept starting diets and very rarely made it through the first week without first cheating a little, then a lot. Also I used to get so disappointed when I'd been 'good' all week and find I'd either lost no weight (or at one point gained!!!) or very little 1/2lb. I'm a girl who needs to see results - sooner rather than later.

I've never been skinny but I wasn't overweight either (around 10st ish, sometimes down to 9 1/2st, I'm 5ft 6" so reasonably tall) but I put loads of weight on with my first child. I think the combination of getting married, moving out of home, moving town, leaving my job and getting pregnant all in the space of 2 months just left me a little down. So once I got pregnant all I did was sit in front of the tv and eat, and eat, and eat (I didn't know anyone so that's all I could do :D).

Learnt my lesson by children 2 & 3 but by then the damage was done and I've never really been focussed enough to lose the weight.

I'm babbling :blahblah: now so I'll get to the point: I started SS on CD last Monday (10th September) and had my first weigh-in just 5 days later (so only actually 4 days on SS) and had lost 6lbs. Had my second weigh-in this morning and in the last week I have lost 8lbs - so a stone already!!! YAY!!! :party0011:

Some days have been a struggle, still suffering a little with light headedness but apart from that it's going well.

I would like to start back at the gym though but am a little worried about working out on such a low intake of calories. What does everyone else do?

Hey Jools ~ nice to meet ya. Well done on your initial weight loss it's a very good start. As for exercise as I understand it is that you should take it easy in the first couple of weeks. If you're a regular at the gym pre CD you should be ok whilst on CD, but the advice is to listen to your body and don't overdo it.

I personally stopped my daily gym sessions, but now moving into maintenance i'm going back to it over the weekend to guage my workout tolerance and hope to be able to build it back up to my pre CD fitness levels quickly.

Just wanted to say "hi" and that it's good to see you on the forum:D

Welcome and well done on your first results, an excellent start to your journey!

Georgie
x

Hi Jools,

Congratulations for making the decision to start CD - the results as you've already learnt can be fantastic.

Well Done on sticking with it and Good Luck with your CD journey.

Nice to meet you and keep posting...

H x

Hi and welcome. Fantastic weight loss so far, well done.

As far as exercising goes, if you are already used to regular exercise then there is no reason that you cannot continue. However if you are new to exercise then keep it gentle such as walking or swimming.

Dont try to do too much and listen to your body, and drink plenty of water.

Hi and welcome!

I was a very regular 'gym bunny' (Spinning) prior to starting LL but I found it very difficult to maintain my 3/4 sessions a week while on such a low calorie diet. Spinning burns about 500 calories a session so there wasn't much spare!

So I started walking and found that easier to manage. I walked everywhere I could and took long (5.6 miles) walks 3/4 times a week. I also started swimming which again was easy enough as I could stop and start as I needed too.

I think it is good to exercise but important to take it easy at the outset as quite apart from the fact that your energy levels will be relatively low, exercise can make you very hungry (even in ketosis) and this can make SSing difficult.

Best of luck.

Thanks for the great welcome and all your thoughts on excercise.

I used to go to the gym around 3 times a week but didn't make it once in the school holidays and then I did my back in and have been seeing a chiropractor so I'm probably back to zero fitness level again. Oh well, I'll try and get out for a walk (perhaps I should buy a dog!!! lol).

Hi there
Shut that closet till you fit in your skinny clothes.
You won't need it till then. Folks on here will keep you going. Not even the squirmiest details will deter them (ooh - us!!) from helping when asked! :rolleyes:;)

Back