Coming over soon

Lea87

This is my last diet....x
Im currently on the Cambridge diet as nothing else was working fast enough, so I'm now at my lowest weight iv been at since having my little girl 3+ years ago! I have got 2st 11lb's to go until I reach target (ezact weight i was when i got pregnant) which I'm looking to reach in the next 2-3 months and then I want to come over to slimming worl, my only worry is that because im doing a liquid diet once I start eating I'm going to start gaining.....my question is:if I start slimming world as soon as I hit my goal will I gain weight the first few weeks? Even if I follow the plan 100%?

Answers appreciated xx

I recon so. I did Dukan (because I'm a silly girl :( ) and gained it all back plus more. Same when I did slimfast and paleo and every other diet where you wipe out food groups... Does cambridge have a consolidation & long term phase?

Good luck and congrats on your losses x

Cambridge has maintanance programme but I want to join a group coz my friend wants to join sw so we can do it together and have tea nights together! I'm just consious about gaining by starting slimming world, but my friend said I won't because its a plan to loose weight....I dunno it cobfusses me x

1st week...14lb
2nd week...4lb
3rd week...5lb
4th week...3lb
5th week...5lb
6th week...3lb
7th week...3lb
8th week...+8lb
9th week...no weigh in
10th week...7lb
total loss.....36lb
need to loose.........47lb

Yeah, you might put some weight back on :( , but surely you always would have, whether you stopped because you got to target and had to start eating, or you just gave up. But don't let that stop you because you'll lose the weight again - just might add a couple of weeks on to the time it takes. Will be totally worth it!

Oh yea that makes sense hadn't actually thought of that xx

1st week...14lb
2nd week...4lb
3rd week...5lb
4th week...3lb
5th week...5lb
6th week...3lb
7th week...3lb
8th week...+8lb
9th week...no weigh in
10th week...7lb
total loss.....36lb

It is a weight loss plan, but it is not a VLCD like cambridge. Go for it, as it maintainable as a way of life! You won't gain 7lbs after a night out, instead you can compensate for having a social life. But if you went from Cambridge to say, green days, and ate big bowls of pasta for lunch and dinner, I'd be very shocked if you didn't gain for the first couple of weeks. <---- I hope this isn't putting you off, just trying to be honest :) x

Not off putting no because as 85poundsandcounting said above whether I start any diet afterwards to maintain I'm going to get and I will have to find a balance won't i?
Do u know if u can join to maintain or do u have to have weight to loose?x

1st week...14lb
2nd week...4lb
3rd week...5lb
4th week...3lb
5th week...5lb
6th week...3lb
7th week...3lb
8th week...+8lb
9th week...no weigh in
10th week...7lb
total loss.....36lb

I *think* you have to have 5lbs to lose. You def can't join to maintain. I'm sure one of the others will be able to clarify this! x

Okidoki I will join when I'm about half a stone off Target x

1st week...14lb
2nd week...4lb
3rd week...5lb
4th week...3lb
5th week...5lb
6th week...3lb
7th week...3lb
8th week...+8lb
9th week...no weigh in
10th week...7lb
total loss.....36lb

You have to have at least 7lb to lose on their lowest acceptable bmi to be accepted by S W. Hope this helps

Do you not think that it would be better to join SW now rather than when you are near target. My worry is that you might be put off if you join near target and put on. Also the sooner you get back to eating real food the better it is for you. However, the ultimate decision is yours.
Good luck with your decision and hope to see you on here again.

Good news is I'm joining tomorrow!! My decision came when I really thought about it I thought when o hit Target I'm going to be really happy thus not even bother joining n then I'll put it all back on....if I join now I can loose the last few stone rating healthy and then I will carry on eating that way just hope I loose quick enough to get it shifted before my holiday this summer x

1st week...14lb
2nd week...4lb
3rd week...5lb
4th week...3lb
5th week...5lb
6th week...3lb
7th week...3lb
8th week...+8lb
9th week...no weigh in
10th week...7lb
total loss.....36lb

Hi Lea87

You've done very well on Cambridge but I bet you're looking forward to eating real food again?!

I did Atkins for a long time and hated the fact that I could have one meal off plan and gain 6-8 pounds! This is the first time I have tried SW and I am totally sold on it.

Good luck x

Back