Comments from people about CD

Thankyou everyone!!

You are all such an inspiration to give CD a go!!

I now have permission from my GP and will be starting CD on Dec 27th :)

Wish me luck and thanks again!

YAY Bloss - that's FAB news :D

Look forward to hearing about ur success !! and btw - You dont need 'luck' when u've got CD - prepare to be AMAZED hun !!!

lotsa love

Debz
xx

People make negative comments about every diet normally because they are ignorant.

Agreed. Not necessarily 'ignorant', just ignorant about the diet. Unfortunately, they often think they know all about it:rolleyes:

Someone said to me the other day "Oh yes...I know all about the Cambridge Diet. It's that diet where you don't eat"

Wrong! I had shakes, soups, bars of chocolate. Even had chicken and veg when allowed. Didn't go one day without eating :D

Of course, according to others, wasn't I suppose to put it all back on really quickly?:confused::confused: (Karion quickly checks her ticker to make sure they weren't right) ;)

Bloss

Please just do it for yourself, i have only told my fiance and a friend whom by the way i have introduced to CD as i don't need anyone to discourage me. I'm sure you are as fed up of hearing "you'd feel better if you ......" or friends / family just looking at you in shock when they havent seen you for a long time. My dear sister, just try it and it will "speak" for itself. Today was my first weigh in and i lost 10lbs i am already feeling invigorated.:)

Hey there,

I lurk on here and very rarely post but thought I would in this case.

I can categorically state that CD has changed my life and I would recommend it to anybody who is obese.

I've now gone from close to 25 stones to 13 stone since July and feel like a different person.

Yes it's drastic weight lose but heck weigh it up against how healthy and the risk I was at when I was 25 stones I had to do something drastic.

If it worries you talk to your doctor and go for a check up every 1 or 2 months. It's what I did.

How much?? 12st in less than 6 months??? WOWOWOWOWOWOW! Thats some serious going!!! Well done Dolgann!

Hi Bloss

I'm not doing CD or any VLCD (I'm actually doing the GI Diet), but I think you should listen to the peeps here as blantly they all know what they are talking about and have lost loads of weight between them! Your friends don't know what they are talking about - don't they want to help you in your mission to get healthy?

One of the things that always put me off dieting (or made me fail) before was that I felt so alone and I can imagine that comments like the ones you have heard would make you feel alone too - but you don't need to be alone bloss - come here and talk to others dieting and peeps who know the diet you are doing well...

Minimins makes dieting easier - honestly!

Goodluck starting on the 27th Dec!

Luv CC xx xx xx

Good Luck for the 27th Bloss.

Your doing this for you and as long as you and your Dr are happy don't let anything or anyone stand in your way.
I can't believe the difference doing CD has made to my life.... I'm so much happier. And what you will be amazed at is the amount of people that will discreetly approach you and ask for details on how they can start CD, these are the same people that were critical when I first started.

Anyway, good luck and keep us posted with how you are doing.

Jazzy x

my sister gave a shocked squeal when i said i was gonna do this diet! it soon became a joking point cos she did this diet when it very first came out and it was pretty rubbish then. u only have to say "asparagus soup" and she goes green lol.

dont worry about the negative comments. it can be a tough diet and u need to be focused for it but u cannot let other peoples negativity rub off on u. thats true of everything in this life. sod them, u need to learn for yourself. maybe u will hate it and give up? who knows? YOU need to be the one experiencing it and come to whatever conclusion.

one thing is for sure though, i really believe if u go into this diet with those negative thoughts, u will use it as an excuse when the going gets tough. I would.

I have a very unsupportive family and my hubby is as bad these days. i im only on week 2 and the novelty has worn off for him but none of that matters to me. i do need their support but i need to do this more than anything else in the world. so sod em all.

whatever happens, if u do this diet, u will lose all ur weight and quickly. nowt else really can promise that. get ur focus and go full steam ahead thinking about how u r gonna treat urself and dont worry about anyone else!

best of luck xxxx

Hi,

I'm just agreeing with everyone else really.

I've been on Cd for 4 months now and have lost 3stone 12lb. I havn;t stuck to it religiously all of the time so know i could have done better but am still extremely impressed with the weight loss.

I've gone from a size 22/24 to a size 16 and i havn't been this slim since before i got pregnant 17 years ago.

I've still got a long way to go but this diet is so fast and "doable". No its not easy sometimes but then again because it takes food out of the equation it has been fairly easy for me.

I don't look at food the same way any more. if i eat out i can only eat about half a portion because my appetite and somache have shrunk so much. I sometimes really crave something and have given into it but have then SS'd again straight away so have been fine.

I have more confidence, I can go into any shop and buy clothes even though i commented to my H the other day "what will i do when I can't shop in Evans any More?"

I've had the negative comments from people too. I've been told i'm losing it too fast and that I've lost too much, I don't need to lose any more because I've "always been a big girl". I just put it down to the fact that they are jealous of how good i look at the moment (not being big headed there) and i've also had some fantastic comments.

This diet is so amazing that you have to al least give it a try and make up your own mind.

The guys on this forum are fab. I read the posts when i want to eat something and I love looking at the photos to keep me going.

Good luck hun you CAN DO IT.

This has turned into a really inspiring thread - just what I needed to get me psyched up for a post-Xmas restart!

When I was first starting I told a relation of mine who works as a therapist in an NHS eating disorders unit about CD. 'Do you know about it?' I asked, thinking she might have come across it in her work. She said yes. 'So what do you think about it?' I asked. 'BO**OCKS!' was the reply. Actually she didn't know about it, hadn't a clue, but was just biased against anything that wasn't what she called 'regularised eating', whatever that is ?!?!. So I just refused ever to discuss it again with her and went ahead anyway. We managed to stay friends that way!!

Don't let anyone put you off, even 'medical' people. Ketosis is not dangerous unless you are an insulin dependent diabetiic which is why such people are not allowed to do VLCD's.

Go for it, you'll be SO pleased you did!
SM

Back