Total Solution complete newbie considering exante

Hoz

Silver Member
Hi, I'm currently calorie counting and on a zero fat diet (no fat due to gallstones). I have lost weight before, and I remember how difficult it was to make more progress after I hit a size 10. I'm quite short so ideally I should really be an 8.
So far, I've already done fairly well with CC, but I was thinking of using exante for my last step when I get into size 10s? It was so dis heartening last time, it took weeks just to lose 2lbs.
Has anyone else done this to help drop that last dress size? And how hard is it to keep the weight off when going back to normal food?

I'm going to be honest - if you have a history of gallstones, a VLCD might not be for you. There is varying research out that which ranges between 1) it increases the risk of gallstones in everyone, to 2) it increases the risk of gallstones in those with a susceptibility to the condition (although they may not have known about it previously.) There's plenty of information in the net and have a good look round the Exante website for the list of contra-indications/complications.

On the up-side, you are already in a place where the rest of us want to be, which is why we're resorting to something this drastic!

Whatever you decide to do, good luck.

Thank you for your reply.
I know that quick weight loss can increase the risks of gallstones. I think the last time I lost a lot of weight contributed to them, as did gaining it all back so quickly afterwards, as I'm a bit on the young side to have problems (21).
I was thinking of switching to meal replacement after I've had surgery to have the gall bladder out, I read on the website you shouldn't use Exante before surgery.
I guess I'm just after a solution in case I face the same problems as last time. I wouldn't like to feel all the effort was for nothing again. It seems like Exante would be a good helping hand in that situation (any medical problems not standing in the way of course).

I'm pretty sure you're advised to stay away from meal replacement diets for at least 3 months after surgery, to allow your body to heal properly, as on a VLCD your body doesn't have that extra energy / resource to heal properly. I would talk it through with your doctor; but sounds like your best course of action may be to wait a bit, or do something more like calorie counting.
The important thing is to get you fit & well from the operation.

I'm pretty sure you're advised to stay away from meal replacement diets for at least 3 months after surgery, to allow your body to heal properly, as on a VLCD your body doesn't have that extra energy / resource to heal properly. I would talk it through with your doctor; but sounds like your best course of action may be to wait a bit, or do something more like calorie counting.
The important thing is to get you fit & well from the operation.

Sorry I didnt reply before, couldnt find the thread on my phone.
I hadn't realised they advised to keep off it for 3 months after surgery, I only saw the bit about pre surgery.
I'll carry on as I am for now, if I do hit a brick wall again further down the line I'll see what my doctor recommends.
Thanks for the advice both of you x

Back