Completely OT but Home hair dye... do you do the patch test?

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
As I just got one and it says you need to do a pacth test 48 hours before colouring!
But i need it coloured by tonight lol. I am off out and have roots badly! blonde roots on dark brown hair is never a good look!

Done these b4 and never had a reaction shall i just chance it?
x

Apparently allergies can develop over time after using the same hair dyes. I think it's something to do with repeated exposure to the same chemicals or something like that.

Saying that I never do the patch test and i've never had a problem. It should be ok, but just bear it in mind if your head starts to swell!

Erm, I never do them and so far my head hasn't swelled up and exploded!!! :rotflmao: Mind you, more seriously, I read something similar about allergies growing over time....

....not helping much am I?! :p

Definitely do a path test!

My sister's friend had a very bad reaction to a home dye...she had never used one before and did not do a path test because she regularly got her hair dyed in the hairdressers and never had a reaction so she thought she did not need to do it.

Seems like her reaction has been so bad that her hair will never grow back the same again.:(

I think it is best to be sure than to be sorry in the long run.

Love Mini xxx

Hi
I am colouring my hair later today - never done the patch test and I have psoriasis (Flakey scalp) so I know I should.
Never had problems.
Irene

ditto to the psoriasis.

Well i have the stuff behind my ear now. Will prob not leave it 48 hours but leave it till tomorrow afternoon or something as i am off out tomo and want it done by then.
x

my boyfriend is a hair dresser and he always dyes my hair and never does a patch test, we always se the same products though and no reactions before. if youve used it before it will more than likely be fine, it will more than likely be fine anyway though, its very very rare that people get serious reactions but then again you have to weigh up the risks

i never do patch tests either (but am never home dyin again after my mate dyed my hair from brown to blonde n it fell out!!!)

and abigail how fab it must be having a hairdresser b/f am jealous!!! mine works in a call centre hahah (well for now, he has a 2nd interview for police in 2 weeks *fingers crossed*)

xxx

i never do patch tests either (but am never home dyin again after my mate dyed my hair from brown to blonde n it fell out!!!)

and abigail how fab it must be having a hairdresser b/f am jealous!!! mine works in a call centre hahah (well for now, he has a 2nd interview for police in 2 weeks *fingers crossed*)

xxx

Hey hun if he needs help my h2b is a detective sargent for the met police but used to be a bobby on the beat so if theres anything you need to ask just buzz me.
xx

i never do patch tests either, and ive never had a bad reaction x

i've never had a bad reaction to a hair dye and i have a really sensitive scalp so i should really and i've never done a patch test either!

Back