Confessions of a lazy girl. Is anyone else realllllly lazy?

The rant I had on this thread really motivated me to sort out the tidying up! So all weekend I have been gutting the wardrobe, cleaning the windows, hoovering and I've finished about 8 loads of laundry. My bf mostly sat on his arse complaining about using weekends to tidy :rolleyes:

Just need to sort the living room clutter out and I'm done!

Til next week, anyway :sigh:

I feel right at home.....

I wouldn't say I was lazy - I do all the housework, cooking, shopping, washing and ironing for me, my DH and two little boys. We have a dog who moults enough to fill a duvet each week and two cats. I like to do stuff with the boys, making, painting, soft play, play farm etc, I am doing a part time law course - only in uni one day a week but there is usually about 25 hours preparation for that, before you include revision. My Dh runs a training company and our usp is the cupcakes I make for the buffets, which is really time consuming. Plus I have an allotment and grow most of our veg, and work on a community rochard project. Ok, our house is never perfect - its usually clean OR tidy, never both! In fact, tbh, its usually a tip. DH works 14 hour days 6-7 days a week.

So looking at that, no, I don't think I am lazy, but I am constantly being told by DH, MIL, and my parents that I am, so maybe I am in denial! lol

When you have departed this earth, will you be remembered as the person who had the clean and tidy house? Nope, probably not.

Life is short, tidy houses are not important. Life is important - do what you enjoy and don't feel guilty about not cleaning.

My house is clean ish and tidy ish, but I am happy and I enjoy spending family time rather than cleaning.

A man comes home from work to find his kids sat eating cereal put of the box and still on their PJs, around them were toys, towels, drawers overturned, the kitchen was a mess with cereal,eggs and flour all over the floor, the bathroom had sopping wet towels everywhere and his shaving foam sprayed, fearing the worst he opened the bedroom door, to find his wife curled ip on the bed reading a book.
'What happened are you ill? Have we been burgled?'
'No, the wife replied
'Then what's going on?' said the man angrily
'Well every day you come home from work and ask me what I do all day, well today...I didn't!'

When you have departed this earth, will you be remembered as the person who had the clean and tidy house? Nope, probably not.

Life is short, tidy houses are not important. Life is important - do what you enjoy and don't feel guilty about not cleaning.

My house is clean ish and tidy ish, but I am happy and I enjoy spending family time rather than cleaning.

Couldn't agree more! :D as long as your house isn't utterly repulsive then so what! If it's entirely unhygenic that's a different matter, but several piles of clothes sitting about or a couple mugs needed washed isn't the end of the world! :) x

A man comes home from work to find his kids sat eating cereal put of the box and still on their PJs, around them were toys, towels, drawers overturned, the kitchen was a mess with cereal,eggs and flour all over the floor, the bathroom had sopping wet towels everywhere and his shaving foam sprayed, fearing the worst he opened the bedroom door, to find his wife curled ip on the bed reading a book.
'What happened are you ill? Have we been burgled?'
'No, the wife replied
'Then what's going on?' said the man angrily
'Well every day you come home from work and ask me what I do all day, well today...I didn't!'

I actually did this to my husband the other day. He didn't find it amusing! lol

I do have a clock in my kitchen that says "Messy floors, dirty dishes and happy kids"!

Couldn't agree more! :D as long as your house isn't utterly repulsive then so what! If it's entirely unhygenic that's a different matter, but several piles of clothes sitting about or a couple mugs needed washed isn't the end of the world! :) x

Exactly. For me, as long as the loo and sinks are clean and the kitchen surfaces are antibac'd, all is well in my book.

Not saying I don't dust and hoover, I do, but not everyday and I don't lose sleep if it's not done.

To lazy for my own good. Drive the 10 miles to work, walk a 5 min walk from the carpark, sit on my butt at a computer for 7.5 hours out of 8 (the other half i have a quick walk round town since i'm on the outskirts of a town), walk back to the car, drive home, park my ass of the sofa on the laptop, then go bed. Weekends are not much better xD

Yeah, I'm pretty lazy. I never do anything that I can put off its terrible...:break_diet:

I'm lazy, I really wish I could just have a day off and do what I want to do - every day lol :)

I'm a bit of a split personality when it comes to this. In work I am an angel: organised and tidy. At home I am the opposite with everything except clothes and shoes! I clean the kitchen every day and keep on top of the bathroom but you won't catch me hoovering or cleaning windows every day. I spend time of a weekend doing a big clean but even then it's never perfect: the only time it's ever perfect is when my mum is coming round, haha! Then i t only lasts 10 mins til the dog goes mental and empties her toy basket out.

I grew up with a nuerotic mother who cleaned constantly. All of our furniture was white or cream so paint, pencils and play doh were banned from the house :eek: I couldn't bring my kids up like that, no fun whatsoever.

Back