Confused about 1000kcal step a or b?

dreamingmaid

Silver Member
Morning folks,

Well i've been following step 3 1000kcal for almost 2 weeks, the past 9 days i have sts, which i'm not overly concerned about but just want to know that i'm following it correctly.

I'm confused about whether i should be following step A or B?
I still have a stone to lose and my intentions were to follow 1000kcal stage until goal...then move up the plans.
I understand that step b is slightly higher in carbs....is this the step i should be following in order to lose weight?
I have been following step A and am concerned that i have done it wrong.

Also i am drinking approx 3 litres of water and a couple of glasses of coke zero. Should i up my water intake?

Sorry for the ramble!

Cheers!

Hi hun,

Right, you've done the right thing following 1000A. You can move to 1000B when you want to but my cdc told me I can mix them and so I do. I have a real problem following 1000B to be honest. I find the carb portions too big and i don't like following recipes so i tend to use the ingrediants but do my own thing. It's also normal for some people to sts for a while just stick with it and the lbs will start to move.

xxx

Hi DM, the way I'm doing it is step 3a to lose the weight (with it being lower carb), with the intention of moving to step 3b for a couple of weeks before moving up the plans, to ease myself into more carb-heavy food. I'm looking forward to a bit of pasta if I'm honest, I've only had boiled new potatoes on 3a.

I also struggled with the 1000 plan and didn't shift much weight, so I moved u to 1200 and loads loads more, maybe you need to move up another plan if you have been on 1000 for 2 weeks... I am now 1lb below my goal weight so must have done something right.

Hi hun,

Right, you've done the right thing following 1000A. You can move to 1000B when you want to but my cdc told me I can mix them and so I do. I have a real problem following 1000B to be honest. I find the carb portions too big and i don't like following recipes so i tend to use the ingrediants but do my own thing. It's also normal for some people to sts for a while just stick with it and the lbs will start to move.

xxx

Hiya SS, thanks for your reply. Glad that i have followed it right....i was beginning to get worried. You are right, the extra carbs on step b do seem a bit overwhelming. Step a i find to be really satisfying

Hi DM, the way I'm doing it is step 3a to lose the weight (with it being lower carb), with the intention of moving to step 3b for a couple of weeks before moving up the plans, to ease myself into more carb-heavy food. I'm looking forward to a bit of pasta if I'm honest, I've only had boiled new potatoes on 3a.

Cheers LJ, like your plan.....think i will follow suit. Have you not had any cous-cous or rice on step A? Another member gave me the recipe for an awesome chinese chicken...i can forward it if you want it.

I also struggled with the 1000 plan and didn't shift much weight, so I moved u to 1200 and loads loads more, maybe you need to move up another plan if you have been on 1000 for 2 weeks... I am now 1lb below my goal weight so must have done something right.

Hi Greeneyes, well done on that great loss of yours. That's a fab result for 1200. Think i will see how the next couple of weeks go on 1000. Seeing my cdc tonight so will have a chat with her anyway.

Back