Confused about my gain.....

*Emsie*

Gold Member
Since christmas I have been trying to be really focussed and lose firstly the xmas gain and then to just get shifting within this last stone I want to lose but I seem to be losing the slowest ever!!? Am I being too strict on myself or do I need to cut things down more?!?!
I am so confused! Need to relax I suppose and just take it as it comes but getting frustrated now!

I would also be pee'd off.. have you tried switching plans now and then, how many syns do you have per day, do you use them all or not etc? Introduce lots of ss foods if you're not already.

How about exercise, do you do any? I must admit i dont really apart from working all day on my feet. I did start the couch 2 5k but thats another story... lol.

Hmm, do you go to class, does your consultant know how you're feeling?

I cant really say much because i havnt been in your situation before, i hope someone else can give you some advice.

xx Hope it shifts soon xx

Since christmas I have been trying to be really focussed and lose firstly the xmas gain and then to just get shifting within this last stone I want to lose but I seem to be losing the slowest ever!!? Am I being too strict on myself or do I need to cut things down more?!?!
I am so confused! Need to relax I suppose and just take it as it comes but getting frustrated now!

Suggestions:

Firstly make sure you do your superfree.
Have syns! I always have 10-15 a day, very rarely drop below 10.
Drink lots of fluids.
If your struggling on certain days like green, try swapping to EE or red, or visa versa.
Do a food dairy so we can take a butchers, see how your doing.

I am probably being dramatic as I have lost 5lbs over the last 5 weeks its just that I'm only a lb and a half lighter than I was before christmas and usually I lose better than this or if I have a gain then its understandable.
Told my c how was feeling tonight and she said to see how it goes this week as it could be menstrual and if still not happy she will have a chat with me.
The week I lost most since xmas was when I went out for a curry so I wonder if have been being too strict on myself so am going to see how this week goes and then have thought about maybe trying doing some green days as have been doing mostly extra easy lately or finding some other ways of shaking things up.
I do have quite a few syns though, drink a fair amount of water and do exercise. Have got this far just need to not be in so much of a rush I think!
Thanks for your replies x

At 7 pounds away from target I think that 5 lb in 5 weeks sounds just about right.

Without a food diary it's difficult to say - but I do know that cutting back too drastically can stall weight loss.

Nothing to add to the excellent advice above, just wanted to say I really sympathise with your impatience and frustration

I gained 5lb in a week at Christmas, but usually when I have a quick gain it is very quick to come back off, but this is just so slllloooowww at shifting! I am exercising loads, sticking to plan, but it feels like it isn't going anywhere (like you- it actually is, but it feels too slow and I just keep thinking about what I WAS before Christmas)

chin-up mate- these things can get the better of lesser mortals, but we are fighters and will battle on despite the tricks our bodies try to pull on us. Get your fists up, get your head down, and beat this sucker!!!!

I was half pound from target this week. Must have been the only week i was not sure i would have a lose as i had eaten like a pig all on plan and never went over my syns but still like a pig and got a 2lb lose so try eating a bit more but make sure its still all on plan :)

Back