confused about RC

chrissie2108

Hi

Iv heard so much about the Rosemary Conley diet

can someone explain it in lamens terms please lol what kind of diet is it and how effective

basically its the first 2 weeks you have 1200 cals, then the next 2 weeks you go to 1400 cals then after that you get a personal allowence, providing you are wanting to do the inch loss plan, all foods must be low fat the only exception being oily fish, oats and im sure there is something else but i cant remember.

sarahsez should be around later and will be able to explain in more detail if you need her to as she is an instructor for rc

Hi
as Kaz says I am now an RC instructor. I have also lost 7.5 stones on Rosemary's diet.

As Kaz says the first 2 wks are strict at 1200 cals per day. This is for optimum weight loss. The diet consists of low fat, (less than 5% fat, which is 5g of fat per 100g - this is shown on the nutritional label on the back of all foods) low GI and calorie counted.

GI stands for Glycemic Index and is something diabetics follow. Basically, the more processed a food is, the higher GI it is. For instance, a choc bar is high GI; it will raise your blood sugar level quickly, then as it falls quickly, you start to feel hungry again. More natural foods have a low GI so will raise your blood sugar level gradually, and fall gradually, therefore keeping you fuller for longer. Examples of low gi foods are oat based or high fibre cereals, or those with natuarl grains ie shredded wheat, special K and weetabix; wholegrain, multiagrain or stoneground bread, pasta, new potatoes with the waxy skin on, basmati rice. Basically the less processed the food is the lower GI. Not everything you eat has to be low gi though.

When you join a class you will get a set of portion pots to help your portion control (one of the biggest reasons people gain weight in the first place), a magic measure, as inch loss is as important as lb loss, 2 diet pack books and a dvd from Rosemary. Classes also include an optional 45min aerobics session. Now dont freak here, the sessions are adjusted to meet the needs of all the members so you work to your own level. It's great fun and not only helps you lose weight but tones you up too so you see the inches vanish much quicker.

Wks 3 and 4 are 1400 cals and you are then allowed a 100 cal desert or low fat treat AND a treat each day that is 100 cals but is above 5% fat or an alcoholic drink of 100 cals. You can save these cals up for the week if you know you are going out and may need them.

Wk 5 you move onto ur personal calorie allowance based on your age and current weight.

The diet is easy to follow and if you have a look through this forum you will see some amazing losses on here.

Good luck and I hope you decide to join the world of RC :D

Cant add anything to what Sarah has said....except I am on Wk 4 of the Ultimate Inch Loss and it is FANTASTIC!!!

I dont feel as though I am on a diet at all, and yes, the portions are a lot smaller than I used to have, but it has given me an insight to portion control and that no wonder I kept gaining!

I havent found it difficult at all, with either the 1200 or the 1400 cals!

I would say Go For It!!! I have lost 9.5lbs in 3 weeks which I am absolutely thrilled with!

Thank you Sarah, I have found that very helpful as i am thinking about starting Rosemary Conley from home. I have an underactive thyroid and have found loosing weight very hard (i have got a lot to loose bet 8-10 stone)- but i have heard that low GI is a very good diet to follow.
Emma

Just a question for anyone on RC inch loss plan...the calories you are allocated for the day, I see in the book they say e.g 200 cals for brekkie, 300 cals for lunch etc.
Do you have to stick to that, or can you use them how you wish throughout the day as long as making healthy choices? hope that makes sense!!!
for example more cals for brekkie and less for dinner???
Thanks

Emma, I too have an underactive thyroid and this is the only diet where I have gone UNDER 11 stones. With WW and others I always hovered - I must say though, the exercise part of RC is crucial!!!

Thanks backtoback thats encouraging. Well done on your losses you are doing really well. I will keep that in mind regarding the exercise as well. x

how many cals should i be on rosemarie conley

hello ive been on rc for a while now and i havnt been given a calorie allowence im 12 3 and 5ft 3 can any one help thank you debbie x

hello ive been on rc for a while now and i havnt been given a calorie allowence im 12 3 and 5ft 3 can any one help thank you debbie x

Hi,

your calorie allowance should be in the back of your phase 2 and 3 booklet and is dependant on your weight/age.

If you are on week 5 or more and aged 18-29 your cal allowance is 1618, if you're 30-59 it's 1466, and if you're 60-74 it's 1305.

HTH

Last edited:
green t and rosemarie conley

:)HI everyone been on rc diet for about 8 weeks lost 13lb i really enjoy the diet and the exercise got a great leader its not like a diet class more like meeting friends we do so much together ive found how to get more energy by having green t capsules there great and i lost 3 lbs this week without feeling hungry and tired debbie x

Well done debbie that's a great loss. What green tea capsules are you taking? I've just started the kick start (1200) calories on monday, but I've hurt my back so not able to do any exercise at the moment which is frustrating. I'm going to weigh myself friday and not have any alcohol this weekend. So far not hungry either.

Back