Induction Confused by atkins. Please help

Sassykate

Its says in the book that you only have to count net carbs. Thats rubbish! You've got to weight your cheese, salad, veg, have a recommended amount of protein every day AND at every meal!

Which brings me to my questions. . Do i follow the "recommended protein range" or "typical protein food intake"? The latter is considerably more so which one is it? page 51

It says I ive to have 115 - 175 grams of protein at every meal. If i follow the recommended protein range which is 66g - 138g a day. If I have 3 meals a day and i have 115 grams of protein at every meal that is going to be alot more than my recommended protein range.

You've also got to weigh your foundation veg 12- 15 grams a day!

I really want to do this diet but its far to confusing!

Im reading the new Atkins new you book.

Over 100g of protein at every meal would be both insane and nearly impossible. There may be a misprint or you may have misread, but go with the 68-100g daily range - it really doesn't matter if you're a little under or over on protein, it's carbs that count.

We don't use net carbs in this country, just go with the carb counts on the packet or look them up on mfp.

You don't need to weigh your veg, though I find it helpful to do so. You can just make sure that you're keeping to the allowed vegetable list and eating 2 cups of salad and 1 cup of cooked veg daily.

Personally I know how many carbs are in the veg I eat regularly so I can just count them in.

It's similar to calorie counting in a way, except you don't need to count pure protein and fat.

Hi i'm also confused with the carb counting. There is sometimes a big difference between what it says on the packet and what the Atkins carb counters says. Am i right in taking over carbs and subtracting the fibre?

Back