confused newbie - what plan is best?

sue1960

Hi peeps

Am needing to join up to a diet but unsure as to what diet is best for me. Weight watchers or slimming world?

I dont eat much in the way of bread normally anyway and dont eat rice or pasta very often either but do love potatoes.

I have to be very careful regarding the amount of carbs that I eat as I am diabetic.

I did weight watchers a very long time ago and got my gold membership but now that the plan has changed unsure what to do.

Any advice or suggestions will be gratefully received.

Thanks

Sue

Hi im on cambridge diet its really popular diet and every week you'll have a consultant to come and see you weigh you and drop off your products. With cambridge its a liquid only diet with exception to bars which have higher calories around 210 and porridges. The other diet i would recommend is exante diet same as above but without the consultant and products need to be ordered online.

Hi im on cambridge diet its really popular diet and every week you'll have a consultant to come and see you weigh you and drop off your products. With cambridge its a liquid only diet with exception to bars which have higher calories around 210 and porridges. The other diet i would recommend is exante diet same as above but without the consultant and products need to be ordered online.

Thanks for your reply. Would love to try one of these diets as I know people who have done Cambridge and also Lighter Life but unfortunately as I have a family to feed as well, I simply cant afford them. If it was just me it would be great.

Sue

hey,

I guess its about finding what diet is right for you, and works best for you. I'm getting on well with Cambridge. But its not for everyone, as you said it is also expensive. Good luck with what ever you decide :)

It's totally up to you and what fits bets around your lifestyle. Slimming World is brilliant because it's a plan that everyone can follow.
My sister is following the plan and cooks her children the same meals as she has and they love it :)
I have lost 5 stone in 9 months purely on Slimming World, it does work and can be done on a budget! x

Thanks for your reply. Would love to try one of these diets as I know people who have done Cambridge and also Lighter Life but unfortunately as I have a family to feed as well, I simply cant afford them. If it was just me it would be great.

Sue

Hi you can try slim and save or exante or a diet called boossh diet? It's worth looking into your options. Good luck x

I'd have a good look around and see if anything suits your life style. If you liked weight watchers before and you have your old ww books (out even if you don't) there are still a few of us following the old programme. Look on the ww forum for the Discover boards. Alternatively you could look into the new programme if you need the support of a class. It is similar, just they work out the points a bit differently now and fruit is free.

Thanks for all your replies, am going to sit down at the weekend and decide which diet is best for me. I have old sw books and also have some of my old ww stuff so will have a good read and have a good look at the forums on here and look at some of the food diaries for inspiration.

Sue xx

Im using the meal replacement shakes from asda. Its only £4 a tin which lasts c couple of weeks. You have a shake in the morning for breakfast, a 100cal snack about 11am, a shake for your lunch, another 100cal snack about 3pm, a 600cal dinner at about 6pm and then if you're peckish have some fruit about 7.30pm (I don't tend to need this snack though).

Klg x

Hope you find something that works for you, there are plenty of options to take your fancy xx

Back