confused (weight watchers)

I think people need to remember every DIET works out there i.e ww sw and RC. It's what plan works for you as a person i believe if you do the OLD CORE plan on ww where hundreds of people still do brown rice, LF yogurts, elf, fruits, pasta, veg and many more foods are all free.! so everyone is different ww has been going for years and years so and making millions so the ww plan must work??

Ive done sw twice before really enjoyed the green days more but fancied a change.!

This week in a mag there were 3 success stories from SW people loosing loads of weight.! Its good to read stories like them from different diets it's all about you as a person to stick to a plan that works for you and your body.!

Good luck everyone in reaching there own goals.xx

I did WW unofficially without the meetings, just using books and a calculator we had. I lost LOADS of weight on it, but I got bored with it, and fed up with feeling hungry all the time, and of course came off it - then put on more than I had lost GRRR.

From what I recall, the only option available to eat as a snack when you have no points is a sugar free jelly, yawn, and not exactly filling.

I found it very expensive too, as I was lazy and lived off the ready meals haha.

So far as weight loss went I give it 10/10, but add in sustainabililty, interest, practicality, I mark it down to a 5/10. I am a gannet and it really didn't suit me.

Compare that to SW, which is an 11/10 ;)

If you like to eat a fair bit through the day, I would recommend SW hands down. There is ALWAYS something you can have if you are hungry.

I've not been hungry in the 6 weeks I have been on it, I have pretty much not stopped eating long enough to get hungry lol, and the food is incredible. There is literally nothing you can't have!

I ♥ Slimming World :)

sorry star if i sound cheeky but why did you change from ww to sw? xo

I swapped because after my dad died this year I just lost focus and couldnt get back on the wagon, I swapped to SW hoping the change would be what I needed but to be honest Im just not enjoying SW half as much as I did WW. Im going to stick with SW until the end of the year though but think Ill be going back to WW then. I just find it so much easier to do. :)

For me WW was ok and yes I did lose weight but as all the above say - got obssesed with points and checking evrything I ate. SW fits more for me and my hubby as I believe you can eat more normal meals (unlike all the ww microwave slop). I lived on veg soup and did find myself going to bed early as I had no points to spend. I also made the mistake of counting exercise towards my daily points allowance which ultimatley meant I was cheating and started to put weight back on.

All diets that promote healthy eating will work, as always if you have the motivation to do it, you will. For me its about long term goals and maintaing as easily as possible. I guess its about what you want from your diet. ww can be a bit more convenient as there are lots of things you can pick up in the supermarket and its got point values on the back (all the tesco healthy living range state points values), so in that sense it was easier but I'm enjoying SW for now and loving cooking again!

You dont HAVE to eat convenience food on WW, infact they actively discourage it.

True, but the ready meals make it easy for lazy people not bother.

Personally, I got goal with WW. 6 months later I put the lot back on. Who wants to spend their lifetime counting points? I didn't, SW works for me because it's a lifestyle plan. WW is a diet plan, not a plan for life.

WW is a diet plan, not a plan for life.

I totally disagree with that. WW taught me loads about choices and made me completely reassess what I was eating amd tje choices I was making. The WW maintenance plan is excellent and doesnt expect you to count points for the rest of your life. Id say WW is definitely a lifestyle plan. Its changed and evolved so much in the past year. The focus is very much on healthy food. The people on the WW forum who are most successful eat very little convenience food.

Ultimately theyre both very good, and very effective diets. If you asked on the WW board what diet to do theyd all say WW. I wouldnt expect anyone on SW to recommend another diet. I think we all become passionate about which ever diet we're on and which ever one works.

At the end of the day its a choice, lets face it not one thing fits us all, otherwise there wouldnt be the sheer volume of diets out there that there are :)

I totally disagree with that.

Thought you would =] I did say for me it wasn't a plan for life, I couldn't go through my life stresssing about how many points I was having. WW is a very good diet plan, but for me, not for life. I had no problems shifting my weight on it, it is very effective, I shouted the WW words from the rooftops, and was a member of the social team. I don't dislike the plan, but I learnt nothing about eating healthily forever.

well if people gain the weight they lost from weight watchers is it the plan that failed or YOU as the person who went back to eating the wrong foods again.??

It's like CD //LL people loose 3,4,5 stones from the diet then later on down the line gain weight!!! so what went wrong then?? we are all human and love food.!

Nobody can say they will reach goal weight and never gain weight being on SW noooo way!!
it's how u discipline your OWN eating habits.!

i believe ww isnt a diet a healthy plan to follow for life.!!

I've done weight watchers but found all the counting points etc really time consuming. It starts to take over plus I find it pretty expensive.

I'm looking to lose 83lbs and haven't a clue what plan to use but not considering weight watchers - most I ever lost was 1 stone.

All my mates are skinny already and so no one is going to any classes.

I've done weight watchers but found all the counting points etc really time consuming. It starts to take over plus I find it pretty expensive.

I'm looking to lose 83lbs and haven't a clue what plan to use but not considering weight watchers - most I ever lost was 1 stone.

All my mates are skinny already and so no one is going to any classes.

how about slimming world? you are never hungery in the plan, and hardly any counting.

well i did open up a can of worms with this didnt i lol i may try it, i have been doing slimming world for a year now and i have hit a plateau and think having a break may do me some good as long as i am still sticking to a diet, thankyou for all yur advice XXX

Back