Extra Easy Confused

dipsy1512

Ok so I am back on plan 100%, started my eating plan (I hate the word diet) last Sunday so weigh in was this morning. On the many times I started with my heart not really in it I've always had a good first week roughly a 5lb loss but this time I've lost 2lbs. That's still a good loss I understand that, it's not the actual weight loss that's confused me its the why if you see what I mean. I've stayed below 5 syns on 5 day and had 7 and 7.5 on the other 2 days so I've really kept to plan. I've wrote everything down and know I've not had sneaky syns or to many HEs.

Is there a reason this first week is different to the others? Thing is, my heart is really in it this time and I was kind of expecting the high loss, whereas before I've never been to bothered. Now I am bothered as this is my new life eating plan its not happened.

a lady in my class on her first week lost half a pound. She was gutted and our consultant feared she may get dishartened and go home and spoil her week. But she didnt she perservered had another good week and lost 7 pound in her second week. I do believe if you are good it will show but not always on the day you want it to! 2lb is a good loss and the fact your head is in the right place is the most important thing of all. Keep going and you will be fine.

I personally feel that it's different for everyone, we all have different percentages of weight to lose, I have 8st to lose and thats nearly 45% of my body mass I'm starting from a very high weight level, your fat to body weight ratio is probably a lot less and subsequently your percentage might be lower in loss but just as good I think your doing well, keep going mate ;)

This is my third time on slimming world and on my previous tries I lost great numbers in my first week. This time I was at my heaviest so thought I'd have a great loss but I think I lost 3lb. I was gutted as I'd expected to lose half a stone!

However over my first 4 weeks I lost a stone and now, 16 months later, I've lost 5 stone 8.5lbs.

Bodies are funny things!

Thanks for the replies, I'm starting in the 12's like others the heaviest I've ever been. Maybe ill have a good loss next week but I was thinking after the post, 2lbs in my opinion is great, 2lbs less than last week and I do feel better. I know that probably sounds naff after just a week but I also started a new job last week so I've been getting the slow cooker on most mornings so our family is eating the same healthy meals and I don't feel as 'heavy'. I feel I've finally started the transition to the new me, no matter how long it takes. Thank for your support xxx

This is my third time on slimming world and on my previous tries I lost great numbers in my first week. This time I was at my heaviest so thought I'd have a great loss but I think I lost 3lb. I was gutted as I'd expected to lose half a stone!

However over my first 4 weeks I lost a stone and now, 16 months later, I've lost 5 stone 8.5lbs.

Bodies are funny things!

Well done jaq, hopefully I can say the same eventually :)

2lb is a great loss so you really cant compare either with other people or with your previous experiences. One thing I wanted to say though is that if you are having fewer than 5 syns a day then that is not really keeping to plan hun. SW say a minimum of 5 a day and a lot of people find they get better losses when they use the full 10-15 :)

2lb is a great loss so you really cant compare either with other people or with your previous experiences. One thing I wanted to say though is that if you are having fewer than 5 syns a day then that is not really keeping to plan hun. SW say a minimum of 5 a day and a lot of people find they get better losses when they use the full 10-15 :)

Ahh ok maybe I'll try having more syns, I just thought that the less you take in the better the result. Thanks for your help

Hi, if you look at my diary (which is my signature) I went through the exact same thing in my first week. I'm struggling with the syn thing too, good luck x

Back