Confused

Oshia

I have been on SS for 6 weeks now and I have lost 2 stone so far which is unbelievable and I can see my body slimming down but no one else seems to its very strange no one at work has even mentioned my weight loss and my family just say it is because they see me everyday so they can not tell…..is this right or do they just not want to say anything to me…..I’m a little confused.

Just thought I’d have a little rant about this as it’s been niggling at me for a few weeks now. :sigh:

oh honey. don't worry. people didn't notice with me for a while, and once i got over the two stones mark everyone suddenly noticed. people have blinders on, and if someone hasn't had a weight problem then they tend not to want to mention it.

try not to worry about it. if you can see a difference, if you can feel a difference in your clothes and see it on your scales then it is working very well and people will catch up...

abz xx

I know what you mean. Just a thought, but it may also be to do with the clothes you are wearing. For instance, after losing nearly two and a half stones, one of my colleagues asked if I was having any luck on my diet - so I just said 'a little'. However, the next week I went to work in new clothes (or rather old clothes that I couldn't fit into before), and she was genuinely surprised how much my body had changed. She said she couldn't see it when I wore my other clothes but she could now.

Like abz said - people will catch up.

also i found that i used to wear clothes that hid my shape, and when my shape got smaller, the clothes still hid my shape... so i shouldn't have been too surprised really...

Hey
Just to say you have done so well!!! Its funny as I do think that if you are wearing clothes that are to big for you people cant see it..

As soon as I started getting smaller clothes everybody started saying it to me ..

I am sure otherwise a few more pounds and everyone will notice....

It also depends where you lose it from!! I lose it from my face first and my face is usually rounded and it has totally changed shape..

Chin up I think you have done extremely well !! X

I was the same the first time I did CD, no-one noticed at first, I kept wearing my old clothes as I didn't want to buy new things each time I dropped a size, not really worth wasting money :eek:

Once I had finally lost 3.5 stone and come off the plan people noticed, my neighbours mum couldn't get over how slim I looked compaired to how I looked before and commented everytime she saw me, which was almost everyday, got a bit embarrassing really.

People will soon notice, keep up the good work. :)

Thanks everyone I think your right I have been wearing mostly old clothes only brought a few new pairs of trousers recently (because my old ones are nearly falling off me) as don’t want to spend to much as I’m going to drop a size soon so maybe when I get some new clothes that fit me better they will start noticing because if they don’t there’s going to be trouble…..lol.

Don't worry hun. It is quite disheartening when you feel nobody notices your loss. I bet they have really, I think they are jealous x

I don't believe people when they say "have you lost weight" because either I've not, or I've put on. One time I put on 10lbs and people kept asking if I'd lost weight?!?!

I go with how my husband says I look (which sounds a lot more "doormat" than it actually is) as apart from mines, his is the only opinion that really matters.

I think a lot of it has to do with how people feel it would be impolite to mention it. When it's a load of weight they can't ignore it out of politeness and also, with all the hype yo-yo diets get.... people may be afraid we'll gain it right back so they're giving it a bit more time to be sure it's off :)

But yeah, clothes make a heck of a load of difference.

On a related note, anyone else feels they wear far more colourful clothes now or is it me being crazy? :)

No not at all, I was standing in the kitchen the other day thinking "I'm so fed up with black. I'm going to wear a lot more red, pink and purple when I'm at goal"

Not at the same time obviously. I have a habit of head to toe black

I think the truth is, as individuals we are very aware of our own size and lack of perfection. But in reality the majority of other people just don't notice or don't care. If you are trying to lose weight, the only way it's going to work if you are really doing it for yourself.

Because I have so much to lose, I'm going to have to accept that people won't even notice until I have lost a significant amount. 1 or 2 stones just isnt going to show on me. When I did WW a few years ago, I lost 4 stone, and only then were people beginning to comment. I think we just have to knuckle down and get on with it... ultimately it is US we are doing it for!

It was 3 stone or so before anyone noticed! Like others have said, clothes make a heck of a difference. But once they start to notice you can't shut them up! Part of me loves it, part of me finds it very embarassing!!

Hello

Well done on your weight loss. 2 stones is great.

I have hit 2 1/4 stone loss now and have been lucky as it really shows especially in my face and waist.

I think we are all different and it will show with you but may happen all of a sudden rather than a steady loss like me iykwim.

As others have said clothes play a big part. I do tend to wear tighter tops as i am big busted so dont wear baggy or floaty tops as they hang off my boobs and make me look even bigger than i am so i think wearing a tighter fitting top shows off your loss even more.

Back